PIOG but I didn't get any responses... If you had a cerclage during your pregnancy...

How long was it after your cerclage was removed that you went into labor? I still have a little over 6 weeks before I have mine taken out but I am just curious because I am high risk for my uterus rupturing because of a previous emergency c section and I am cut "classically"

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 11:53 AM on May. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Maybe you are the only Mom who knows what a cerclage is? LOL. I know but I never had one ..... MAybe somebody wll answer your question. I believe it is the way to keep your cervix closed during pregnancy so labor won't begin too early. It is removed when you approach your due date,right?Sutures?
    Good luck!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:25 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Yeah, that's what it is. I had my son at 24 weeks due to a weak cervix and that is the solution or complete bedrest but that isn't an option with a son who will be 3 in July.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 12:31 PM on May. 15, 2010