How many newborn outfits should I get?

I am buying for the baby and I don't want to get too much of one size and I know that they don't stay in them for long at all so how many outfits do you think that I should get in newborn?
0-3?
3-6?

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 12:17 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not many! Plus you could easily get a bunch as gifts when baby's born. I didn't buy any clothes, maily because I didn't know the sex - I bought gender-neutral sleepers & onesies and such, and left the clothes for after. Newborn we didn't have any, and through gifts & such we had about 10 actual outfits for each early size.
    Anonymous

• All you really need for 0-3mos are sleepers and onesies and maybe some soft cotton pants if it's cooler out. I'd say maybe 5-7 sleepers and 8-10 onesies.
    Anonymous

• they grow sooo fast. i had maybe 4 outfits for newborn and my son didnt even wear them all. he only wore outfits when we went out which wasnt often since he was a new baby. he wore all onsies and sleeper at the house. i find that now he needs mostly 3-6 month clothes but my baby is a beast. he wear 9 month clothes now and hss only 4 months old
    sstokes86

Answer by sstokes86 at 12:30 PM on May. 15, 2010

• my baby weighed 8lbs 13.7 ounces at birth so he was only in newborn for a month lol
    id go more for 0-3months
    but if you want newborns maybe 3-4 onesies, like one pack, 2 sleepers, and thats it

0-3mos will fit loose but will last a whole lot longer
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:31 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Buy more onesies them outfits. Babies grow to fast to waist the money on cloths they will not wear.

Answer by louise2 at 12:38 PM on May. 15, 2010

• My son was in newborns for like a month also. If they are close to 8lb they can fit 0 to 3. If your expecting an 8 pounder id go to 0 to 3.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:58 PM on May. 15, 2010

• If you are having a baby shower I would wait to buy anything until after. I didn't buy any clothes and we have 4 huge totes full of clothes plus about 8 big diaper boxes filled and my son is only 20 months. Most are still with price tags on them.
    Anonymous

• It really depends on the baby, so it might be best to wait. I had one baby who was out of the 0-3 month clothes by the time he was a month old. Then my youngest came along and was teeny. I have a picture of him at 3 months old in the outfit he came home from the hospital in, and it was still huge on him. My oldest was in newborn diapers for a couple of weeks, and my youngest was in newborn diapers for a couple of months!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:24 PM on May. 15, 2010

• This is really a smart question! I went nuts and bought lots of newborn clothes and my baby didn't even get to wear most of them. I wish I would have had enough brains to ask, lol.
    Anonymous

• Honest? No outfits. To much fabric is a pain in the arse. Those side snap tshirts and a diaper are fine. If it will be cold, get babylegs. Nothing warms a baby better than body heat and it makes breastfeeding much easier. Naked as much as possible. And you don't want onsies that go over the head...also a big pain. One or two outfits for picture puposes if it pleases. But you will quickly tire of dressing and redressing!
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:42 PM on May. 15, 2010