whats a polite way to tell a mom to back off?

A mom thats new to cm recently befriended me. I dont know her well but we have spoken a couple times...the issue is my status. I have it set to busy or away, because lol I am usually not sitting there, and this mom constantly IM's. I have even written her a letter to say"hey sorry I missed you but when my status says away/busy I am not there" and its like she isnt getting it.
I dont want to be rude, or mean, but I am starting to want to not even be friends withher if she cant respect something so simple and small.
looking for things I can say...ty. :) and feel free to thro out some crazy crap, could use a laugh lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• WHen you aren't busy,you could communicate with her. Tell her you don't have a lot of free time . Just don'tsay or do anythng to make her feel bad. There are lots of very sensitive women posting here .... You can tell by their responses. They get angry...kinda sad. We need to all be friends and be kind.
    Anonymous

• ha ha thats happened to me, just ended up blocking them...lol
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:20 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Well if you are away they just keep telling her that or you can select to go offline....i wish I had more CM friends on here :(
    Anonymous

• De-friend her. Get rid of the chat. Don't even bother apologizing since it's not stopping her.
    Anonymous

• I would just ignore it when she IM's you. If you are not in the mood to chat, then don't chat.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:28 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I realize some moms are so lonely, hell I was lonely too when I came here. thats why i am willing to accept any friend invite, because it was done for me. to the anon who wished for more friends I would love to be your friend, send an invite. But sometimes I think some people just dont hear "no" or "slow down". the ones that get me are the ones who constantly IM and then dont say anything, or the conversation is so so hard. Its hard for me to be "mean' to others, not sure if that one harsh word from me could be the proverbial straw that breaks the camels back kwim?
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:30 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I am with Sleepingbeutee,,, Just ignore her.

Answer by louise2 at 12:32 PM on May. 15, 2010

• theres a thin line when it comes down to it.... just ignore her. its kinda mean to say but mabey it will get through to her.
    lisa0821

Answer by lisa0821 at 12:49 PM on May. 15, 2010

• You can make it so that your IM thing doesn't pop up at all. No one on your friends list can see when you're online or IM you at all that way.

-xoxo-

Answer by -xoxo- at 1:16 PM on May. 15, 2010

• That was happening to me a while back. I just had to get rid of the IM option so she would leave me alone.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 1:32 PM on May. 15, 2010