Do you text/use cell phone while you drive?

And while your children are in the car? If so do you ever think about the risk your putting your child and possibly someone elses child when you're not paying attention to the road?

I never answer my phone, text or anything while I drive. I used to and it got me in a bad accident. No one was hurt, just my car was totaled, but I learned how stupid it is to drive and text.

So if you text/use a cell phone while driving, what would force you to stop?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't text while driving. That is too scary. I make my hubby do it for me, LOL. But using the phone I have done a lot. I don't drive often and when I do and it's only me and my son in the car it's usually a medical emergency and teh entire way I am on my way to the hospital (where his specilists are) I am usually on the phone w/ them. I think driving while on the phone is ok as long as you are on a headset and both hands are free.
    Anonymous

• I only send SHORT texts messages at a red light. If it turns green and Im not done, Ill throw my phone in the passanger floor board so Im not tempted to pick it up and look at it, if it goes off again . I do think about the effect it may have on my, my sons, and anyone around me's life's , and that's scary especially the way people drive like jerk off's without a cell phone !!
    colbysmommie95

Answer by colbysmommie95 at 12:45 PM on May. 15, 2010

• yeah i do both and its illegal in california, where i live
    hmmmm
    well i drive a stick too, look at the irony Ive even been on my laptop going thru a clients files
    lol
    if i can drive stick all while talking on the phone, texting, or using the comp then i guess im pretty talented at driving.. :)
    but I only answer the phone while my sons in the car if im at a stop light or if im on the highway and i can see ahead....i never text with him in the car or use the comp
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:46 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I don't text at all, but I do use a Bluetooth ear piece when driving, but for emergency use only--so that my husband or children's teachers/coaches/therapists can reach me or I can reach them if there is a problem. I never "chit chat" for the sake of killing time on my cell.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:46 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I definitely don't text, and I have my phone connected through blue tooth to the speaker phone on the car, so I can answer the phone if it's important, and I can do it hands free, but I never spend more than 30 seconds on the phone unless I pull over.
    Anonymous

• No i do not text. My car has bluetooth in it. So I can talk hands free.

Answer by louise2 at 12:47 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Nope. : )
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 12:48 PM on May. 15, 2010

• if i can drive stick all while talking on the phone, texting, or using the comp then i guess im pretty talented at driving.. :)

Would you feel so "talented" after you cause a huge wreck that takes lives?
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 12:52 PM on May. 15, 2010

• The most I do is switch the radio on or off. I would never use the phone while driving, it's just irresponsible not to mention terrible parenting if you have your kids in the car. Driving dangerously with a kid in the car is just despicable.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 12:55 PM on May. 15, 2010

• never been in an accident, ever, not even pulled over for driving wreckless, just because my plate was off when I had my car remodeled. so no of course i wouldnt be talented then, getting in a car accident is not a talent, DUH!!

plus when your life is like mine, multitasking is second nature, if i feel unsafe or like i cant concentrate on the road as well as do other stuff I just get off whatever im on and drive...simple

and again if anyone other than just me is in the car i dont use anything because i tend to look at ppl when i talk to them or check on my son a lot so im constantly busy, so texting or calling is not an option anymore
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:58 PM on May. 15, 2010