How do you get your husband to see you for who you are and to support your big dreams?

My hubby and I have been together for 20 years. We have 3 wonderful children together and live a pretty normal life. However, since day one of our marriage, I made it clear that I wanted to move to my hometown of Atlanta GA. He promised it over and over again that I woud get what I want. Yet now he only focuses on his dreams - Disney, Los Vegas, other wild trips. What should I do? 20 Years of broken promises hurts! I have tried talking to him and he gets huffy and says fine - we always do what you want. And threatens to leave. Help!

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Relationships

• That's tough. It really depends on what is more important... a 20 year marriage (congrats, btw... that's not easy these days) or moving home. It doesn't seem like you're going to get your way with him, so is it worth it to get your way without him?

Answer by drowninginboys at 3:02 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• if he is threatening to leave and you back down it's just him controlling you and getting whatever he wants. when was the last time he thought about your relationship as a whole and not how it simply benefited himself? sounds like if you want to move and get some respect you should just do it alone.

Answer by hiddenpoet at 8:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2008