when do babies start to say their first words? when did yours?

mines 6months and he does a lot of enthusiastic sounds :)
but no words yet, except for Dada when we watch hubby pull up in his car, or mama when he wants to be pickd up from his crib and visa versa

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 12:52 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine said his first clear word last night! "Dad". he said it 3 or 4 times in a row while looking at my husband. For awhile it's sounded like he's tried a couple of other words- "Yiayia" (Greek for "grandmother") and "Bella" (MIL's dog) but yesterday was the first one that was unquestionably a word. He turns 9 months on Monday.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 1:42 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Thats what most kids say till closer to like ten months. Dada mama baba etc. Thats what my son said at that age. Oh, and nyny (nite nite). He has added in good and more in his tenth month.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:56 PM on May. 15, 2010

• my ds said mama at 5 months but like yours, when he wants to be picked up now he he says dada, bye bye, nana, bite bite, no, bye bye, and he's trying to say sissy but it sounds like ssssh... that's when he wants my dd to play with him lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:56 PM on May. 15, 2010