when do u think is the best time to get ur childs ears pierced?

lisa0821

Asked by lisa0821 at 12:55 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I think when theyare practically born , they won't remember the pain. I did my daughter at the hospital I asked the nurses to do it and they did. and everything was fine. other wise wait for them tell you that she wants her ears pierced.. or else you can ask her if she wants her ears pierced. Some kide can take the lain they say it's like getting a needle. it hurts a bit at first and then it goes away.. but others say its very painful it's like a really bad bee sting. So I say if she a baby of months do it now. but if she's walking I would wait till she saids something to you.. But of course it's your choice , and only you know your child, so you do what you think is best for you and your kid.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:19 AM on May. 16, 2010

• when they are old enough to help take care of them....my dd is almost 4 and i will not have her ears done until she asks me and when she can help take care of them
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:57 PM on May. 15, 2010

• When they are about a month old, quick and easy...not on the baby =( but they will forget in ten minutes. Just make sure you take extra care because of how small they are. My doctor does it when they are babies,ask yours....they probably do also.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 12:57 PM on May. 15, 2010

• If I had girls I would have it done as babies. Then there is no grabbing and pulling on them and they are fully healed when the girl gets older and takes them out, there is no worry about the holes closing up.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:06 PM on May. 15, 2010

• When she's old enough to choose whether or not she wants them pierced, and to take care of them herself. I got mine pierced when I was 8 years old.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 1:25 PM on May. 15, 2010

• When she's old enough to ask for it and to take care of her ears herself. I just don't see the point of piercing a baby's ears.
    bluejupalex

Answer by bluejupalex at 1:53 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I did not peirce my girls ears below the age of 8. I have 4 and I found out that they can take care of them alot better at that age...When they are babies, I think they have enough issues like teething, colds, etc. To add more possible infection and possible problems I just wouldn't. I also worried if I did do it when they were babies that the earring could get snagged on a blanket or clothing...ick and ouch!! I think it is better to wait all around for these reasons.... :)
    JCstruegirl

Answer by JCstruegirl at 1:54 PM on May. 15, 2010

• When they're old enough to know what it is, ask for it, and know that it hurts, and help take care of them. My first got hers done for her 5th birthday - I wish we would have waited a year or so though. She's now 8.5 and can take care of them herself, with minimal help. 2nd DD just got hers done a few weeks ago, and she turns 7 tomorrow - she's been asking since she was 4 but I knew it wouldn't go as well, so we waited. DD#3 turns 5 in a month and isn't even asking for hers to be done.
    Anonymous

• I havent done it my little girl is almost 3 and she wants her ears pierced I honestly think she wants just the earrings... I made the mistake of telling her that when she pees on the potty like a big girl she can get them.... Im waiting i said to myself they are her ears and I will let her tell me when But im holding out I had mine pierced and it hurts....hopefully she will just let it go until she is a little older.

raurismomma07

Answer by raurismomma07 at 2:45 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Kiwi started asking at about 18 months for earrings, we didn't let her get them pierced until she was around 3.5, two summers ago. She paid for half of it with her allowance, and helped with the cleaning. She knew it would hurt, even more than a shot at the doctor's office. She understood what would happen, and had wanted it for over two years, so we finally gave in. It was her idea to use some allowance money to pay for it, so we let her pay for half. She was so proud of that, that every time someone commented on her pretty ears, she smiled and said she paid for it herself. :-) she claimed that she paid for the right ear, and we did the left!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:46 PM on May. 15, 2010