I ask this question yesterday and did'nt get alot of response

I need to know how much is your grocery budget (only food budget). I need to know how much for a family of 8 with your 6 kids.?

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 1:05 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

• I have a family of five and we spend 350 every two weeks for food. We also stock up as we get money.
    Anonymous

• we are 4 and ispend abut $100 a week
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 1:23 PM on May. 15, 2010

• That's good because I get paid every 2 weeks.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 1:24 PM on May. 15, 2010

• We are a family of 7 and I every single month can not get away with less than 1,150.00 a month.Ihave 4 girls from 10 to 2 and a 16 year old boy and my husband and myself....I have hungry men and growing girls and it runs us alot and that includes meals every night, food for snacks for school and to pack lunches!! It's terrible, but it just seems like every time I turn around food prices keep going up and it really ticks me off!! Oh yeah and yes I am a Walmart shopper so I do shop at the cheapest place we have around here...it's pathetic, but true :)
    JCstruegirl

Answer by JCstruegirl at 1:48 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Our family is small, 3 people and we spend about $300/month. My mom told me in the past that with all 7 of us kids at home she would spend about $600/month on food. That was A LOT of money for us but we ate well. It was always a protien, two veggies and usually a roll or bread for dinner. Lunch was always a sandwich, fruit and water. Breakfast was oatmeal or cream of wheat. We didnt really snack because then we wouldnt have food for lunches!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 2:30 PM on May. 15, 2010

• OMG
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 3:02 PM on May. 15, 2010

• We are four, and we spend about $125, sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. That includes everything . . . TP, cleaning supplies, personal care products, etc.
    KendraR

Answer by KendraR at 3:22 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I have a family of 7: 3 hungry men, me, one boy that's almost a teen (in 2 weeks), & 2 tweens, & so far this month I've spent $148 plus change, so I'd say $300 a month or less on food, personal care, paper products & pet food for 3 dogs & 3 cats. My key is to plan meals ahead of time, make 1 or 2 vegetarian or meatless meals each week, buy store brand instead of name brand for 95% of the groceries, use ground turkey instead of ground beef, & cooking from scratch. I raise a huge garden every year & can or freeze it. I've done my work & found meals that will make the best use of a pound of ground meat or chicken breast yet still fill the family's tummies. We don't buy organic but do try to eat nutritious, well rounded meals. Milk is not a beverage; it is used for cooking & breakfast cereal.Snacks are not straight from a bag, box or can; instead, homemade snacks like muffins, brownies, dehydrated fruit, or air popped pocorn.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 4:55 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I only have 4 kids, but am pregnant with my 5th and feed an extra adult every night at supper - so technically I guess there are 8 of us at the table! :) I spend around $150-200/week on food.

Answer by missanc at 5:40 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I spend at most 150 a week for a family of 5. So 600 per mos AT MOST
    Anonymous