how many of your toddlers no there body parts, and which ones?

I started teaching my dd her body parts when she started to talk she is now 18 months old and knows
eyes,nose,teeth,tounge,ears,hair,head,chin,toes,finger,thumb,elbow,knees,feet, tummy, and chest.
i am now trying to teach her where her shoulders are too.
when we brought her to the nurse to get her 18 month old needles the nurse said she was very advance for her age!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son knows eyes, ears, nose, chin, hair, head, teeth, mouth, lips, hands, feet, toes, fingers, arms, legs, butt, "pecks" knees, and belly. He is 22 months but his pediatrician tells me the same thing...that he looks and acts older than he is. I am not sure it is so much advanced as the things parents choose to teach and the lessons children choose to learn. For example, he knows these things because I taught him. He has not memorized ALL of the other things that other children his age have because we haven't worked on them (I have a friend whose daughter knows all the different kinds of tractors, another child I know knows all of the starbucks flavors. lol.) It is just what you choose to repeat over and over again.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:20 PM on May. 15, 2010

• My daughter has known all of those since about two years old. She couldn't say them (she has a speech delay), but she could easily and happily point them out to you if asked.
    Anonymous

• My son is 16 months and only knows nose, eyes, ears, toes, hand, and belly button. I was just thinking yesterday I need to start working with him more on it!
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 2:25 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I agree with jenellemarie. It's all in what you take the time to teach them. My dd was talking in sentences when she was only 2. Not mommy drink please, she was saying Can I have a drink please? She knew almost every word under the sun because her 3 year old brother would read her stories. He'd show her books, make up a story and have her repeat what the pics were. My youngest dd just turned 2 and she knows most of her body parts and is speaking in sentences like mine drink please mommy. She can count to 7 on her own and higher with assistance.
    Just to brag on my middle child a bit (she's 41/2) She know's how to spell her first and last name, write all the letters of the alphabet, upper and lower case. Writing letters is something she's been doing since she was 3. Whatever her brother is learning at school she had to learn too. She's my smart little cookie and I'm so proud of all she can do!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 3:16 PM on May. 15, 2010

• my son is 22 months and knows eyes, nose mouth, head , ears, hair, face, neck, tummy, chest, pee-pee, bum, arm, leg, feet, fingers & toes. he doesn't know knees, elbows, shoulders, and some other stuff, but he has most of it down.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 4:27 PM on May. 15, 2010

• My son at 2 knew all of his body parts. Plus his phalanges, hypothalamus, Medulla Oblongata, and several others. I was in medical school and he loved to help me study.lol
    Kathy-PSPR

Answer by Kathy-PSPR at 5:35 PM on May. 15, 2010

• i started to teach my lil one when she was about 1,and she is now 2 and can point to any body part u ask her. it is advanced..but my lil one doesnt talk much
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 7:20 PM on May. 15, 2010

• My 18 month old know nose, ears, eyes, hair, cheek, mouth, teeth, tounge, belly button, hands, feet, toes, and fingers. He can say nose (bose) , eye, hair, hand, toes, feet, teeth
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 1:16 AM on May. 16, 2010