What is your favorite book of all time?

How many times have you read it? Do you/have you/will you read it to your children, or let them read it?
Mine is tied, between "To Kill A Mockingbird" and "Anne Frank: The Diary of A Young Girl". I have read both too many times to count, several times a year since a child. I have read both to Kiwi since she was an infant, the only way to get peaceful reading done at the time! :-)

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 1:46 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• The Diary of Anne Frank. I have 3 different versions of it (the original, the un-abridged and a version for young children). I have read it/them over a hundred times in the past 30 years.

Anonymous

• My all time favorite is Gone with the Wind, I have read that so many times that I lost count.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:49 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Are you there God it's me Margaret! I know it is a teenybopper book, but my fave! I do love all of the books you and PP mentioned as well!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:50 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Lord Of The Rings Trilogy,The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe by CS Lewis. The book Are you there god it's me Margaret I read also growing up and Go Ask Alice too.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 1:55 PM on May. 15, 2010

• lol..omg, i love are you there god its me margaret..but i dont have a fav...i dont enjoy reading,,when i was a kid i used to LOOVE| reading..and my favorties where sweet valley high and babysitters club
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:55 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I used to love the babysitters club too. I managed to get the whole collection, every single book through yard sales, thrift stores and such. I was saving them for my sister, who is 9 now, and gave them to her a couple years ago. She traded them for a hannah montana movie last year. All those years of looking :-(
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:59 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Cant wait till DD is old enough to read "Box Car Children" I really loved that series as a kid.. But Ive never read the same book twice..
    I keep an account on Safari.com that helps me keep track of the books Ive read & hopefully it will help me remember in time what I want to read with dd when she is growing (shes 3.5 now) (http://www.shelfari.com/tashagwen/shelf)
    I have alot of different books I plan on reading with her.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 2:00 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Mine is "The Balloon Tree" by Pheobe Gilman.
    It's a kids book and it was my favorite as a child and is now my favorite to read to my kids.

I adore it so much I got the balloon tree tattooed on my back, lol! It's my favorite tattoo.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:04 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I have soooooo many favorites...it's so hard to pick just one...I love to read!! Little Women is such a timeless classic though...it definitely ranks up there...I have a huge edition (hardcover, some illustrations, literally a very big book!). I hope my girls like that one as much as I do.
    Anonymous

• Earthsea Books by Ursula Le Guin are lovely.

I could name tonnes of books I love though.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 2:36 PM on May. 15, 2010