It is going to be my daughters 1st birthday party in july,there are going to be a few older kids there but there are also 1 yr olds..

So what should I get for kids that are a year old or a little bit older than that to eat? any ideas? what did you get? what kind of drinks?,my daughter doen't drink anything with sugar,only water and formula.

So any advice would help.

Thanks

mommy16love

Asked by mommy16love at 2:03 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• grilled hot dogs there parnets can chop them up for them cheese doodles all kids like them :) icecream is soft too :)
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 2:06 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I had mostly adults at my son's first birthday party but there were a few kids too. I got some juice for the older kids and had an assortment of appies and some chips and little snacks for everyone.

You could get animal crackers, goldfish crackers, veggies and dip, little sandwiches, cookies etc...
    You can get pretty much everything without sugar these days. It might take a little searching but they're out there.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:07 PM on May. 15, 2010

• it was all simple stuff. of course the bday cake, we had soda, sweet tea and fruit punch, chips and dip, a platter of apple slices w/ caramel dip (HUGE hit) and veggies and dip.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:07 PM on May. 15, 2010

• With in the next two months you want to think about getting your DD on juice drinking out of a cup. Also you can introduce finger foods to her. My DD was eating sliced up ham, turkey, cheese, Grilled cheese, gold fish, chewy cereal bars. You can do grilled cheese for the party. You should think about introducing different things to her you don't want her to be a picky eater.

Anonymous

• She has been introduced to many meals anon,she also has been on a cup since she was 7 months,and juice is not needed in her diet all it is,is sugar and food coloring So I think im fine with keeping that out of her diet,thanks for the advice though.
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 2:13 PM on May. 15, 2010

• we did lots of cut up fruits, goldfish crackers, raisins, yogurt, stuff like that. we had some juice, but mostly had water and milk. i got some chips & dip & pop for the older kids and adults, and we grilled hot dogs and hamburgers too. and cake of course.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 4:22 PM on May. 15, 2010