$200 budget...what should i do for...???

my sons first b-day party
since he hasnt ever had sugar we are making his cake so we can make it low in sugar, it will be the small cake, all the kids/tots can have it, and were buying a regular sized cake. the total for both should be near 40-50 bucks so that leaves about 150 for everything else...

I might go passed the budget but a little bit maybe to 300 but no further

ideas ladies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Go to the park, have a bbq. You can spend under 100 for lots of food and sides. Go for more inexpensive bbq foods like hotdogs and hanburgers. Kids love hot dogs! Basic sides like potato salad, deviled eggs, veggie platter or veggie kabobs... etc....
    We did my sons at round table pizza. Everyone paid for own lunch buffet and we provided games, goodie bags for kids and adults, and cake n icecream. I spend about 150 for everything only because I went crazy on decorations.

Id say 1 is early for chuck e cheese and that is usually very expensive.

My son also hadnt had sugar. we got him a very small cake and he literally licked his finger once and was over it. It was a small baseball slam cake, and he was more interested in the party.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 2:18 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I would do an outdoor BBQ also. To make it fun for the kids you can do hot dog kebabs. Most of the decorations you can get at the dollar store. If you want to save more, make both cakes. I could never pay 25 for a cake I could make for 5. parenting.com has some really cute and easy cake ideas.

jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:43 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I like the bbq idea...maybe a pinyada for the older kids...don't get to crazy with the theme idea he is only one. I also kept it a small party with only close friends (w/kids) and family Goodie bags with some things from walmart and target.Target had lots of cute bubble things and horshoes and some other little games that are super cheap in the 1-2.50 $ section.Good Luck.
    1 pinada
    2 bubbles
    3 food
    4 music
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 2:52 PM on May. 15, 2010