Is it okay for him to go outside?

We both have the same cold and its gorgous outside. Is it okay to take him for a walk if I dress him up properly and what would be suitable for him to wear? I dont feel too well but the weather is non-resistant. haha. I wanna get out of my house and Im sure baby feels the same.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Going outside is probably the best thing you can do for the both of you. Going out side or out in the rain or out in the cold... doesn't cause illness. Bacteria and viruses cause illness. By going outside your leaving the germs inside and getting fresh air.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 5:39 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Ya I woukld say 20 minutes or so would be good for both of you. The sun will give you vitamine c, and the fresh air can relax his body and make him feel better. Dress him appropriately, if its hot just have him in a t shirt and light pants. If its cold id say warmer pants and possibly a jacket.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 2:12 PM on May. 15, 2010

• fresh air is always healthy! if it's just a little cold, some outdoor time wont hurt. just dress him for the weather. if it's hot, short sleeve shirt, shorts and shoes will be just fine. if you're going for a walk, make sure you bring some water
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:13 PM on May. 15, 2010

• YES YES YES! Take him outside...it will do you both some good. I have never understood the whole stay in when you have a cold thing. Just dont take him where he can pass it around.
    Anonymous

• The fresh air will do you both good so dress your child in a long sleeve if it's 60 degrees or low also a lite coat. If it's sunny and warm the short sleeves and a lite coat bring a blanket just incase and walk your little hearts then come home a take a good nap.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:19 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I say absolutely! Get some fresh air and a change of scenery! Just put a hat on him and keep it easy.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 2:35 PM on May. 15, 2010

• it's better to be outside than in...while you're at it clorox wipe everything and open all your windows....by the way, Sun provides Vitamin D, not C :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:25 PM on May. 15, 2010