The government and ALL illegals?

This was something I was thinking about. The government, rather republican or democrat, I don't think either party really gives a damn about it's citizens, however I do think there are a few people here and there that do actually care and are doing their best amongst all the crooks.

So with that said, How is the government benefiting from illegals? I assume this, cause they are not doing anything about the problem. I do think there needs to be some adjustments, such as anyone who is legitimately married to a citizen should get citizen status. But outside of that, why are they not doing a thing about it. Unless they are crooks, the government, and have alternative motives. What are your thoughts? Do you think I am way off?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I can't think of any benefit the government gets from illegals, but here's the thing: what's the best solution? When they don't do anything about it, people (and no I'm not referring to you, OP) bitch and moan. Then Arizona comes up with an idea to try to get the situation under control, and look at the pandemonium that's caused... now everyone's screaming about their rights being violated and being descriminated, etc. The only other idea I remember hearing about was building a superfence all along the southern border... you know, because we have the money to waste on that!

It seems like everyone knows there's a problem, the majority of folks want to fix it, and NOBODY, including the folks on the hill, have the slightest idea how to do it.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 2:15 PM on May. 15, 2010

• People claim votes; but illegals can't vote. I don't believe that many legal citizens are voting based on what does or doesn't happen to illegal immigrants. They may join a protest because it's something to do; or heritage pride or something but when it comes to voting; they're going to vote how they would have before anyway
    Anonymous

• The government benefits by the economy getting a boost. Who do you think we have to thank for California's export industry?
    Anonymous

• Isn't California, going down the drain?
    Anonymous

• You forget, many illegals are here using fake or having stolen an identity. Thats how they get most of their benefits. True, it seems that an illegal does nothing for the government except cause trouble but there has to be some reason the government doesn't want to kick them out.
    Now that we have a Socialist President and a progressive congress illegals do mean votes. Not necessarily now but the Dems have wanted amnesty for years for all illegals. They want that because they would get their votes. Face it, most illegals don't make much money and don't have much education therfore they would get all of the benefits that poorer Americans get so they love the progressive lifestyle of do little and get much. Another way is the when they come here illegally and have babies who are automatically citizens(that needs to be changed) and many turn out to be liberals because thats what their parents are. I still say it's votes.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:44 PM on May. 15, 2010

• big businesses profit from exploiting undocumented workers (illegal aliens are from Mars). for example you profit from them. when u see construction being done its the contractor who is a citizen w the license that is able to compete w others price bcuz he has cheap manual labor. same w the farm owner who is a citizen. and the wealthy neighborhoods that need their lawn mowed often. and the wealthy families w children who need cheap childcare. and the businesses that need cheap housecleaning. and the non-profit n for-profit agencies that hire a caterer who is a citizen but has cheap servers.
    those who are against "illegal immigrants" are ALL hypocrits cuz once the price of produce goes up (as it does when there is a flood) people complain!! prices on what is cheap labor will go up and business will move to 3rd world countries (as the corn farmers have done by moving to mexico). it benefits all. hope this explains it a bit.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 3:07 PM on May. 15, 2010

• vero0724 not every one wants cheap labor. I would rather pay a good licenced contractor that speaks english and understands me then pay 100 or so less dollars and pay a bunch of illegals dont dont understand what i say to them and dont know how to do their job right. I would rather put money into my country then pay illegals that will just use it for drugs or blackmarket to buy a stole ssn and screw another american.
    Anonymous

• Future voters.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 4:00 PM on May. 15, 2010

• If they give them Amnesty, they get to vote and of course they will vote for the dems., it will probably be a silent requirement...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 4:01 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Clinton gave them amnesty. That gave him all their votes once they became citizens. Obama is likely to do the same, especially since his ratings have dropped so low. In six months, Obama will be in campaign mode again, and the more Illegal aliens he can give amnesty to, the more grateful voters he will have mined.
    Anonymous