wiccan/pagan sisters i have a question about something......

I am listing and drawing out as many pagan/wiccan symbols as I can right now in my BOS. today while looking up some symbols I dont already have copied I found something called the eternal or endless knot its a symbol in buddhism. Then there is another symbol called the hand of fatima(or hamsa/khamsa) that is used by Jewish and muslims I think.

I really like what the buddhist symbol represents and I like what the hand of fatima is used for and what it represents. Am I allowed to use or put them in my BOS even though techincally there not really pagan/wiccan? or should I just avoid puting them in my BOS? a big part of me thinks it wouldn't be bad or wrong but I wanted to I guess dubble check and see what all of you thought.

flower_angel

Asked by flower_angel at 2:38 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm what I like to call an eclectic blended pagan. I have blended beliefs from different religions.

You should go with what feels right for YOU. If you like the symbols and they mean something to you, use them.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:51 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Symbols are just things that symbolize ideas. If you like what a symbol represents then put it in. If you design your own symbol that you like then put it in. I designed a celtic knot for my wedding and I love using it. It represents my marriage and since my family is the most important thing in my life it's a very powerful symbol for me.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 2:54 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Of Course!! You are "allowed" to put whatever you want into your BOS.

(And don't let ANYONE tell you otherwise.)
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:08 PM on May. 15, 2010

• You should go with what feels right for YOU. If you like the symbols and they mean something to you, use them.
    ______

alright i do that thank you. my my son's dad said almost the same thing but i still felt that i needed to hear everyone's Opinions to see if i should still go ahead and use them.

Symbols are just things that symbolize ideas. If you like what a symbol represents then put it in. If you design your own symbol that you like then put it in.
    ______

thank you i'm going to put them in my BOS and if i ever design my own symbol(s) i'll put them in too. i love celtic knots too i'm not very good at drawing them or designing my own yet though lol

Of Course!! You are "allowed" to put whatever you want into your BOS.
    _________

thank you i'm definitely going to put both of them in my BOS. i felt very drawn to the buddhist symbol i found so i'm glad that i can put it and the
    flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 3:26 PM on May. 15, 2010

• much of religious life was spent borrowing what i felt spoke to me about truth from other religions. i think religion is a personal choice and a personal experience. i despise rules when it comes to belief. if you find beauty, truth, value, meaning in a symbol, by all means use it. sometimes those things will lead you to the truth you have been dancing around... i.e. maybe you want to be wiccan but your soul really connects with buddhism - i don't think those things are mutually exclusive, i just would be cautious of closing the door on any truth, particularly that which you feel a deep connection. that is how you find your true path.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:01 PM on May. 15, 2010

• If that symbol helps you in your journey, then by all means... don't let any one tell you otherwise. :)
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 9:54 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Um...what everyone before me said.
    roseberrymatrix

Answer by roseberrymatrix at 12:02 AM on May. 16, 2010

• Use whatever symbols you want if they mean something for you. It's your book, your journey. That's one of the beautiful things about being Pagan ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 10:52 AM on May. 16, 2010