Can an 8 and a half month old drink v-8 veggi juice?

or can this cause allergies?

JnCV

Asked by JnCV at 3:08 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends avoiding foods with pesticides until at least a child's sixth birthday. Tomatoes are one of the highest pesticide foods.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:39 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I would say no. Babies have sensitive tummies and should only drink milk or formula. You can give them soft veggies to try if you want but there is no reason for them to drink it. You also dont want to overload your child with sodium and additives like a lot of juices have in them.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 3:11 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Have you looked to see how much sugar is in that juice? Just cause it saids 100% juice doesn't mean crap. Why don't you get him gerber juice or apple and eve fruitables juice for him to drink 1/2 juice 1/2 water.
    Anonymous

• I have special baby juice that I do give him occasionally 50% water 50% juice, I was just drinking my v-8 and he started smacking his lips and reaching for it, and I thought, its got to be healthy right? I did give him a sip, but I didnt want to make a habbit out of it becauase he really enjoyed it, until I got opnions on it-
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 3:17 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Do you mean the tomato kind? I think a few sips wouldn't hurt,, but wouldn't make a habit of it,, if it is the sweet kind no,, !
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:18 PM on May. 15, 2010

• There is also a lot of sodium in V-8 juice.
    KendraR

Answer by KendraR at 3:18 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Yes the tomato kind =)
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 3:27 PM on May. 15, 2010

• like I said,, I think a few sips won't hurt! DS is 5 now and he loves V-8!! I drank the low sodium kind and when he was young he was always begging me for sips,,, there isn't much salt in it and no sugar to speak of,, if her tummy can handle a couple of swigs,,, In MO go ahead,, DS loves it,, and it makes me feel happy that he asks for that instead of soda or juice,,, when he was a toddler he loved a bit mixed in with cottage cheese,, so I say go right ahead JnCV!!! :)
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:37 PM on May. 15, 2010

• IT would probably light his butt up from the acid
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 3:40 PM on May. 15, 2010

• No it wont cause allergies but its high in acid and sodium and that's not very good for the bay.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:54 PM on May. 15, 2010