I was just diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder =(

I have a child, one year of age, and now all I can think about is "am I ok to be raising this child, especially single?"
Has anyone gone though this, or something similar to this and still was a good mother?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Health

• Whatever you do just committ to staying on your meds and everything will be OK. The biggest mistake people make is thinking they feel great and stop taking meds. Try to build a safety net of people who you can count on. Maybe a few family or friends. Or a support group. But not everyone needs to know about it. Hang in there momma.
    Anonymous

• Your dissorder is not a life time problem it can be over come. my sister had this in her twenties. She had to really work on controling her emotions and actions when she became over stimulated. You just need to work at it and get a good therapist. Its now five years later and she is just as normal as the next person.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 3:50 PM on May. 15, 2010