Your Soul

Who puts the soul in the body? I don't want your speculation. I want actual verses from your holy book.

purpleducky

Asked by purpleducky at 3:17 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have no holy book. There is no soul, just blood, guts, and organs. When those stop working, it's over, your either 6 feet under or burned and kept in a glass jar.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:20 PM on May. 15, 2010

• What's you point? Are you saying you don't believe the soul and body are two different things?
    Anonymous

• I have had an "out of body" experience and I believe that you are flesh and soul.
    Anonymous

• It talkes about it all through the bible... Especially in the new testament. It also talks in Genesis how Animals don't have souls like we do b/c we were made in his image... I am sorry I don't have my bible near me. what type question do you specifically have?

Coastiegirl96

Answer by Coastiegirl96 at 3:32 PM on May. 15, 2010

• That is an amazing question. And one I have NO IDEA where to find in the bible. SO ya know what? i'm gonna research this. Thank you! I will try to get back to you on this one :)
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 3:49 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Genesis 2:7 "Then the LORD God formed man of (H)dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and (I)man became a living being." There are 289 mentions of a person's "soul" in the Bible, NASB translation(http://www.biblegateway.com/keyword/index.php?search=soul&version1=49&searchtype=all&startnumber=26&startnumber=51&startnumber=176&startnumber=276&startnumber=151&startnumber=26&startnumber=1) None of them directly relate to a soul being put into a man. The above verse is considered to be the point at which man gained a soul by most theologians.

preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 3:58 PM on May. 15, 2010

• in my tradition (which is mainly oral, although i guess there are books written somewhere) we are in spirit form in the spirit realm and align ourselves with the vibration of a particular color to enter into the physical realm.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:57 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I don't "have" a soul, I am one. All souls belong to God (Ezekiel 18:4 KJV). He formed the body, put His breath into it and tadaaaa--a living soul (Genesis 2:7). When I die, I'll be a dead one.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:12 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I don't have a quote from my holy book because my religion has many oral traditions that are not in our Bible. I believe that God puts the soul there.
    Anonymous

• Not sure but sure glad he did or I'd be walking unbalanced!
    Anonymous