Is it normal to spot in the 1st trimester....

cause i just started yesterday and im 8 weeks, 5 days pregnant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Some women do have their periods... so just call your Dr and he will probably want to check you just in case!
    Coastiegirl96

Answer by Coastiegirl96 at 3:25 PM on May. 15, 2010

• see i missed my April period thats how i knew i was pregnant.
    Anonymous

• I had my period all through my first trimester so sure! But you should keep an eye on it and your dr should be aware of any changes.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 3:29 PM on May. 15, 2010

• If you have had a pap smear then you will spot but you should not be having any spotting or bleeding, if you are having spotting then there is possiblty that it is going to cause a miscarrige, I had spotting last May and then an hour later i started bleeding very very heavy, I did not know I was pregnant two days later I past the baby at home so you need to get to a doctor right away.
    Anonymous

• Spotting is considered normal at any time during your pregnancy. However, if you are experiencing lower back pain and cramps with it, I would call your doctor.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 8:39 PM on May. 15, 2010

• At 8 weeks I was bleeding a little and then it was brown spotting for a week (this was right after I had my first ultrasound). I had called the doctor the day after I bled and he said as long as it was light, no cramps, and it's now brown spotting it should be fine but to call back again if things change. I am now 21 weeks and everything was fine. I had a previous miscarriage 2 years ago with no bleeding at all, so it's hard to say what's normal. It's best to call your Dr.
    lovelyNYC

Answer by lovelyNYC at 6:15 AM on May. 16, 2010