Why do moms use the TODDLER LEASH?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's helpful sometimes. I had Kiwi at the airport last year, right after she turned 4. I would have given anything to have one of those. Have you tried holding a kids hand, wearing a back pack, while she is too, pulling a suitcase, with a duffel back over your shoulder, and carrying a booster seat? It's not possible. I had to have Kiwi hold my shirt and keep pulling and talking so I would know she was there since I had a hard time seeing her over everything in my arms. I wouldn't use one on a day to day thing or at the park, but if we did the airport thing again, just the two of us, when she was young like that, I would definitely use one.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:39 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Anonymous

• To keep toddlers from running away.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:32 PM on May. 15, 2010

• because their toddlers are animals...I never have used them and just don't think its right but to each his own.
    Anonymous

• lazy
    Anonymous

• I got one for the beach. It's hard to hear over the water, and she was way faster than me in the sand and I didn't want her to jump into the water without me. It was for safety when she was about 2 and still at the stage of really pressing boundaries. I didn't want her to get hurt or drown.
    Anonymous

• Yea i am not into these things I mean WTF......just hold their hands!!!until they can walk safetly on their own I personally enjoy this time and would be embarrassed to have my son on a leash although it would be much easier.T Maybe I can also so the good side of them though like if you have more than one young child.
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 4:38 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Its not lazy, i would rather use a toddler leash then the child getting taken from me because he/she got free of my hand in the mall or something, you dont know what kind of sick people are out there and are just watching for a opertunity to snatch a little child! at least with the toddler leash the child can feel free to walk by him/herself and the parents not have to worry
    Anonymous

• Well lets see, theres always the old excuse that it's "safer". And when you say "Wwell hey, just LOOK AFTER your kid properly and they'll be fine" - you get a rant about how your own kid is going to get run over by a bus or get taken by a stranger just because you don't feel like treating them like a dog.

Yep.
    Anonymous

• This is a good debate question for sure and maybe occasionally it is ok but not at the mall. how far can she really go......oh and yes there is perverts everywhere maybe even your neighbor so hmmm maybe just keep DD locked in the house all day....GOOD LUCK WITH THAT........
    Anonymous