When was the last time you saw a kid with a portable video game?

I just saw a kid on his skateboard playing with his PSP. LOL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on May. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• At work DAILY. I have first grade boys who whip out that DS as soon as the bell rings.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 8:18 PM on May. 15, 2010

• My seven year old cousin at Chili's I just could't believe my aunt allowed him to play with it while we waited.Oh that was last week.
    Anonymous

• whats wrong with a 7 yr old playing a portoble video game while you wait to eat?
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:27 PM on May. 15, 2010

• The neighbors. One kid has a Nintendo DS, the other has a PSP. I could go on about how wrong it is for her youngest to have their own PSP... seeing as said child isn't even in Kindergarten yet... but It's one of those "Not my child, not my problem" issues. **SIGHS**

Anonymous

• When my youngest had his baptism. One of the kids invited couldn't let go of his video game. His parents stay for almost 4 hours and he didn't let to that thing.
    Anonymous

• he didn't let* go of that thing
    Anonymous

• its only been a while... BUT Dh got a Ipod touch or whatever a few weeks ago & DD became OBSESSED with it. she is only 3.5... She learned how to run it all by herself so quickly & loved those games. Me & DH didnt like where it was heading & DH decided to take it back & get a simpler ipod..
    It wasnt even my dd's.. but every time dh would walk in from work she would ask him "where is your ipod daddy?" ...

My point was proven 110% I DO NOT want any type of games around my daughter. (family always ask around holidays if she can have one as a present.) Its bad enough she asks to watch TV all the time (only 1hr or less a day!)...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 5:37 PM on May. 15, 2010

• was at the dentist the other day a little boy had one. Although it was a leapfrog video game. Atleast he was learning something from it
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 5:52 PM on May. 15, 2010

• and what's wrong with having something to play with? it's a medically proven fact that people who play video games make better surgeons because of the hand eye coordination and are better equipped for jobs of that stature. all that aside, if you moderate it and teach your child not to play constantly, i don't see what's wrong with playing games for entertainment. I was a book work as a child, still am, i have a 4.0 gpa and i love my electronics. i'm in the medical field.
    flaggot13

Answer by flaggot13 at 5:56 PM on May. 15, 2010

• that was at tasha btw
    flaggot13

Answer by flaggot13 at 5:57 PM on May. 15, 2010