seriously

my fiance makes parenting so hard...i asked him to stay gone a couple days and only visit....it was so much easier with out the second opinion, just my way

lol

any1 else feel like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on May. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• One thing that may bring things into focus for you is deciding who does what. In my house I am the one home all day with the kids so I head the decisiond there, his input is important and some times frustrating because he dosen't see the whole picture but he is included. I give him a run down (he works 12 hr shifts) on what's happened while he's been away and he can fill in. You have to let him be able to do things his way. That was a hard one for me and still can be frustrating. I am much more time efficient, dh not so much. So while he does things in a way that makes absolutely no sense to me he is actually getting them done. We still don't agree on disipline and our oldest will be 6 soon. You don't have to agree with everything so long are the children are safe, loved and you both have the same goal with the kids. Support eachother. And yes I do find that things can go smoother when he's at work but we do miss him
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:37 PM on May. 15, 2010

• i dont understand what you are saying?
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 6:04 PM on May. 15, 2010

• yeah i know what you mean. lol. my son is only a yr old, but me and my DF argue already about ways we are going to raise him. but i keep telling him, listen - i made him in my uterus, gained 60 pounds, and let them cut me open to take him out, and then pumped milk out of my boobs to feed him, & i take care of him all day - thats my baby - what i say goes. LOL.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:43 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I agree with anon 08. What are you going to do after you get married? You can't be the one the discipline all the time, and you can't over rule what he says. You two have to work together. They will be mad at you for all the decision making and be mad at him for not standing up. Also, I can guarantee that unless you start working together to discipline the kids, you won't be together too long. It will be too much of a stress on the both of you. Believe me, I know. Also, he made the kid too. You can't expect him to sit back and do nothing. Imagine what will happen if you have to leave for a few days and he has NEVER disciplined the kids. You can't say that will never happen because what if you guys have more kids. You will have to leave. The kids will NOT listen to your man and there will be problems and anger. It is not fair to him that you want him their, but not to parent the kids.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 8:48 PM on May. 15, 2010