this rubs me the wrong way

i have four children a 3 year old 2 year old twins and an 8 month old. my best friend has an 18 month old and she takes care of her boy friends son who is four she is the only mom he knows and she shows her son love and laughs at his actions . every little thing that the four year old does its ugh i cant stand him and puts him in time out for hours now that is horrid just in its self but then one days the 4 year old says to her "i love you mommy" she says uh "huh" it gets to me so badly and also she gets rid of them every single weekend and to a person with the most disgusting house in the world. i wouldnt leave my children there 5 mins no matter how bad i needed a break. is it just me or should she not have kids i told her that she cant need a break that bad to but her kids health in danger like that but she doesnt seem to care ugh!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on May. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• turn her in to her husband. it is his kid and he needs to know how he is treated. my step mom was like that to me when i was a kid. no one did anything to help me and i still hate her. that little one needs help. someone has to be his voice. gl
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 6:01 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Have you said anything?

I sure as hell would and if I lost the friendship over it, so be it!
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 6:01 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I once worked with a lady like this, she had 2 of her own kids and her new husband had a 3 and 1.2 yr old who would get very jealous and would always want to sit next to his daddy on the couch etc and the stepmom hated him! Hes 3 for crying out loud! Poor kid, he needs love too and if she can't stand an innocent child, now ..hate to see when hes older. Id definately tell the dad. This would defiantely also make me look at my friend in a different light.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 8:49 PM on May. 15, 2010

• That's sad, does the father of the boy know this is how he is treated while in her care?
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:28 PM on May. 15, 2010

• yea but i wouldnt exactly call him a father either he doesnt care much ive thought about call in social services or telling her ill take him because he calls me auntie but i care for him and would kill myself to see him in foster care
    Anonymous

• I could not call someone like that my best friend, personally. That is really sad and pretty disgusting if you ask me.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:55 PM on May. 15, 2010

• yes i would inform the father. if he doesnt seem to care then is there perhaps another relative of theirs you could talk to? like a grandmother?if not it might be in the childs best intrest to call social services. if theres no serious abuse or neglect they wont necessarally put him in foster care, just perhaps order some parenting classes and keep tabs on them to be sure he is treated right. in the mean time just show him and TELL him how much you love and care from him. at least he will be getting it from SOMEONE. also, when she does need a "break" perhaps you could offer to watc him so he doesnt have to go to that awfull house,and this will give him more time with someone who DOES care.infact,if its practical for you, take him any time she will let you.
    mommy-d

Answer by mommy-d at 4:59 AM on May. 16, 2010