Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Go to the ER or wait til Monday?? Sick Toddler....

So my daughter (2 in dec) has had a fever of 102.8 for 3 days, and possibly longer. Off and on definitely for the past two weeks...diahhrea for 2 weeks and her pee smells extra strong. Her cheeks are red and shes a little rashy. Minor cough. Is drinking and eating okay, acting OK. Just tired, and extra needy(which would be expected) She has thrown up a couple times. Like day 1 of the first fever spell, and yesterday. Nothing too too bad. I just thought she over exerted herself.

But this fever wont break no matter what I do recently and its making me nervous.... Ive tried swapping baby tylenol and advil, and a cool bath.... Should I bring her to the ER?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

Answers (11)
  • yes

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on May. 15, 2010

  • yes

    Answer by A.NandD.NMommy at 6:59 PM on May. 15, 2010

  • yup!! when my lil one had a fever i called and they told me she had to have it for 3 days then bring her in,,it turned out to be an ear infection...take her to the er.

    Answer by angelairelan at 7:11 PM on May. 15, 2010

  • I would.

    Answer by jojolicious220 at 7:15 PM on May. 15, 2010

  • If you are rotating between Motrin and Tylenol and the fever persists, take her in. Especially with the rash, cough and diarrhea. Pack a bag of toys and head out. Our ER is so quick and easy, and I hate to say we are there often. (Our 23 mo old has a lot of breathing problems.) They always encourage us to come in if a fever won't break or lasts longer than 48 hours. Especially if diarrhea and vomiting are involved since dehydration is a concern.

    Best of luck on getting her well! :)

    Answer by love2snorkel70 at 7:30 PM on May. 15, 2010

  • yes if motrin and tylenol are not working then sounds like she's trying to fight off a nasty infection.

    Answer by calliesmommie at 8:13 PM on May. 15, 2010

  • If you can take her to urgent care, go there instead. It will be cheaper and probably less of a wait.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on May. 15, 2010

  • that's way too high of a temperature...omg take her to the freakin er

    Answer by flaggot13 at 8:40 PM on May. 15, 2010

  • she should have gone to the hospital or a dr. along time ago hun. they should not have a high fever for days on end

    Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:34 PM on May. 15, 2010

  • If you can, take her to a Children's hospital ER. Not that a regular ER is bad, if that's all that's near you, but a children's hospital is much more used to families and needs that a typical ER wouldn't have. Plus they only serve kids. Maybe a shorter wait.....

    Answer by MonicaE521 at 10:51 PM on May. 15, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.