What do your kids remember from when they were in Daycare?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• my daughter was in day care for about a year when she was 3-4y/o. She remembers getting bitten by not one, but two other kids, and getting her fingers caught in a heavy door. Was not a good experience for her, and she says when she has kids, they will not go to a day care. After those experiences, i scheduled my work so the kids never had to attend a day care. As a result, my son never went. On the rare occasions i needed a babysitter, i used someone i knew personally.
    inkydorei

Answer by inkydorei at 6:58 PM on May. 15, 2010

• shrugging

I don't know I'll ask him! He's 19 now. The other night he told me something about Flintstones vitamins that I used to buy at "Grade A". LMAO, I don't remember ever buying/giving him vitamins. He told me one of the new flavors of Vitamin water tastes like those grape vitamins.

kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:34 PM on May. 15, 2010

• DD was in day care off and on until she was 4. She remembers nothing.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:37 PM on May. 15, 2010

• As for my children... they are now adults. We have all had many laughs together reading some moms posts about daycare here on Cafemom! My kids said that they remember lots of fun summer days at the pool, bowling, movie theaters, etc. When my daughter was older, they let her help out with the younger children. She said it made her understand the care that was involved in watching younger children. She went on to coach gymnastics, the younger children's team. They have no bad memories... so sorry to burst ya'll's bubbles!!
    Anonymous

• my son moved from a home child care provider to a center last september (he is 4 1/2 now) and he still talks about the kids there....
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 6:51 PM on May. 15, 2010

• My son didnt go to daycare but I can tell you what I remember lol. I remember getting into the big fridge at the kitchen and eating way way too much of the jello. I probably ate six or seven cups. Then I went into the pantry and ate a bunch of marshmallows and went back to class where everyone was asleep. No one noticed I was gone. Then I puked up all that junk food lol. I got in big trouble so I remember that. I remember nap time they'd play a kids cd and I would never sleep I'd sit there and sing instead. I also remember the playground. That is about it. I was only there about six months when I was 4.
    Anonymous

• I don't remember not riding in a carseat when I was a child. Does that mean it's okay to not put babies in carseats because they won't remember it?
    Anonymous

• Nothing since none of them ever went to daycare or even preschool for that matter.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on May. 16, 2010

• Not much of that time is remembered unless it was some sort of traumautic experience involved that inbeded in the brain.
    My girls remember foods they ate at their preschool that they enjoyed, but that is about it.

Answer by older at 1:01 PM on May. 16, 2010

• mmm I use to love flinstones vitamins,but they don't taste the same anymore wonder what they did to them? As far as dayvare goes we had women who use to think it was okay to slap my kids.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 12:40 AM on May. 17, 2010