Do you ever worry about your kids so much that you wish you never had any?

Sometimes I think about all the things that could happen to me and my kids, and I feel so overwhelemed, and scared, that I cry and sometimes think it would of been easier to never have kids. Almost everything about being a mom is wonderful, but sometimes I get so scared just to drive somewhere with my son in the car because I think about the things that I used to do when I was younger. Ive driven drunk, high, speeds up to 115 mph. Ive totaled a car, and rearended someone 3 times. So I can only imagine how many more stupid immature people are out, like how I used to be and thats only one of my worries. I hope and pray that nothing bad will ever happen to us, but the thought that it could, really drives me crazy sometimes.

PURPULbutterfly

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 7:03 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Health

• LIsten, it's normal for every mom to have these fears. Heck, my son was slapping his cheek the other night, his eye started watering and I thought he might have a brain tumor. We fear our children suffering so much that we think of the worst things that could happen. But then we take a step back and take a breath and look at that beautiful child. What would life be without him or her?

And think of this as well: A good parent worries. A bad one doesn't care. Just don't let the worry become a ruling factor in your life or you will never live your life and your child will grow up fearing the world.

If you can't get past it, maybe you do have post-pardem depression and in that case, you should seek help for your sake and the sake of your kids.

Good luck mama!!
    jessflynn

Answer by jessflynn at 7:47 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Yes, with all the things going on in the world today I often feel guilty that brought a sweet, innocent child into such a cruel, hard, cold, hateful world.
    Ziggy-Stardust

Answer by Ziggy-Stardust at 7:19 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I try not to thing about those things, but its hard i know.
    Anonymous

• MAYBE YOU HAVE PPD
    Anonymous

• It's important to be aware of dangers and be prepared; however, it's unhealthy to live your life in fear. You cannot spend you life worrying over everything your children do or can get into
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 7:52 PM on May. 15, 2010

• There are things out there you can't control but what you can do is make every day special and enjoy it like it could be your last day or their last day. These are words I live by. I lost my first child to SIDS at a month old and then my twins were born 12 weeks early. I cherish the days I had with my DD and I don't take for granted the days I do have with my boys.
    mommyerin02

Answer by mommyerin02 at 8:07 PM on May. 15, 2010