How would you feel?

well, I'm pretty mad now. I just woke up and my son was telling me that I can't go to his 8th grade graduation even for a little while because when he brought home the info his Dad didn't tell me we had to have reservations just to get in! I thought it was just to eat! so now I will have to take pictures at home! I am so mad at my husband right now that I cant think straight.When i just mentioned to my husband this, he said he didn't want to go . He never thought about me!. I am so mad I could scream! It's hard to stay calm with him! When I left to get out of the house for awhile to get calm, I went to my parents house. I told them and my Mother thought that was inconsiderate and My Father said nothing.Then , when he did, he said, they got you something for Mother's Day! I suppose Im overreacting but it makes me so upset that I was not considered for the attendance of my son's 8th grade grad party at the school.How to feel?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• they say you arent supose to tell your family about your relationship. it can make your family think less of him even after you two have put it behind you.
    but that was stupid. really? he thought you wouldnt want to go to your sons graduation? just look forward to high school graduation!
    Anonymous

• I'd be pissed!!!! Call whoever is in charge & explain to them as his mom you will be attending BY YOURSELF!!!!!!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:40 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Maybe your husband forgot. I'm sure he didn't leave you out intentionally. Call the school and tell them it's your SON, and you really want to be there.
    Anonymous

• So because they got you something for Mothers Day you shouldn't get angry about missing your son's middle school graduation?!? That's absurd. Get angry...I know I would!!! What mom wouldn't?!?!?!?
    jessflynn

Answer by jessflynn at 7:42 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Feel how ever you want, but call the school and tell them that you want and need to go. This is something that you feel is important then make a stand. Leave the man at home and make it happen. I would call the school and tell them your husband lost it or sent it in without your knowledge.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 7:42 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Well, I would probably be pretty disappointed. Your husband is just being a guy...and unfortunately guys don't always find importance in the same things that we do, so they come off as being an inconsiderate jerk. He should have at least told you. You probably shouldn't tell your parents bad things about your husband. It just makes them have a bad picture of him and since he's not related it will be more difficult for him to redeme himself.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 7:42 PM on May. 15, 2010

• i would just show up and if they don't let you in i would say "guess what, i'm his effing mother." Maybe they mean anyone other than parents need to make reservations. I'm sure the school is expecting 2 parents for each child.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:00 PM on May. 15, 2010

• call the school and explain there was a misunderstanding and that it's very important to you and you intend to be there. what are they gonna say... no?? if they do, call the school board - there are plenty of parents who aren't interested in their children's education... surely there's room.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:15 PM on May. 15, 2010