I would REALLY appreciate any help ! :)

I would LOVE to know of any diet plan's/excersise's that have worked for you. I dont care if it was specific meal plans or workout DVD's , I really want to be a healthy weight. Right now Im 5'4 and weigh 192 . I just want to be a healthy weight, and Im wanting to lose at least 30 - 40 pounds . Thanks in advance :)

colbysmommie95

Asked by colbysmommie95 at 7:51 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Just make healthy changes slowly.. It all depends on how fast you want to lose weight. If you want to lose it fast, it takes ALOT of hard work & dedication (workout out out of your comfort zone, eating super healthy, balanced diet).. If you dont mind taking the slow track, just slowly change what you can, do something new every week.
    1. Drop Soda, Up water. 2. Cut out white breads, put in whole wheat bread 3. Walk more every day. 4. Get more sleep 5. Replace something unhealthy with something healthy (trade in chips for veggie/fruit salad). 6. Eat less red meat 7. Eat less process food 8. Eat fast food less. 9. Pre-Plan your meals 1wk in advance. 10. Prepare foods in advance, ex: make big batches of salad, fruit salad. Make a huge batch of healthy home made soup & freeze it in single portions. 11. Strength Train (more muscle = burn calories faster. 12. Do anything to move! Walk in place while watching Tv. 13. DONT GIVE UP!
    GL
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:35 PM on May. 15, 2010

• www.xyngular.com/clanders we offer Xyng and other ALL NATURAL weight loss, energy, appetite suppressants that aid in losing weight and getting healthy.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 7:53 PM on May. 15, 2010

• OK Anon, not a lot of people have the time and energy to run 5 miles a day! You are an over-acheiver! LOL. Counting calories is very effective! I would suggest doing that. Cut out your sweets and soda intake. Just drink water. Just walk every night around your neighborhood or join curves and do their 30 min workout. Workout at least 4 days a week.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 7:58 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Get a "buddy" and check out Weight Watchers. It is nice to have a weekly weigh in and be held accountable. There is also an open forum where you can bond and share with others. It's a lifestyle, not a diet. They also have an online program, but I truly benefited from going in person at first.
    love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 7:58 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I started doing Jillian Michaels,Biggest Loser, & Jackie Warner videos a few times a week and run on the tread mill on the other days and try to eat better and so far in 5 months I went from 185 to 162 and my arms and legs are getting toned. Those videos are great and they will kick your butt (it's worth it!) BTW i watch the videos for free on my Exercise on Demnd CHannel through my cable company maybe u have something simular. Its all free! Yoga is fun too!
    paytonpants06

Answer by paytonpants06 at 7:58 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Personally, I don't think it's about a pill or even a certain exercise program.

I went from 180 to 125 (and I'm 5'8") by eating tons and tons of healthy food and working out any way I could.

I would make sure to get lots of protein everyday and eat lots of raw foods. After eating all the things I had to I was too full to eat the crap. Not to mention I burned more calories because I was building muscle.

Breakfast:
    organic peanutbutter on a WHOLE grain English muffin
    two kinds of fruit
    Steel cut oats with organic soymilk, olive oil, flax, agave nectar and blueberries
    2 eggs and mixed in cheese or whatever (just no fake stuff)

Dinner/Lunch:
    salmon or tilapia
    grilled chicken
    all natural veggie burger
    cous cous
    brown rice
    veggies veggies veggies!

Snacks:
    cottage cheese
    raw almonds
    fruit
    veggies
    baked potato
    cheese sticks

Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 8:00 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I think any healthy weight loss plan can work, it's finding the one you'll stick to. I've been doing Tosca Rena's Eat Clean diet, and have lost 30 pounds. I also exercise. It's been easy to follow, and I feel healthier and more energetic than I have in ages. I'd like to lose another 30 pounds, but I don't mind taking it slowly.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 8:01 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Oh, and NO soda, alcohol or white sugar.

Please feel free to PM me. : )

Also, please don't fall for any of the soliciting "moms" on here.
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 8:01 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Anon :53, good for you! I bet you're in amazing shape, that's awesome.

I just do my best to eat a pant-based diet. My snacks are fruits and veggies, all my grains are whole. I also walk and do yoga.

Well... that is when I'm not pregnant lol. I'm 28 weeks and have gained a lot on a high protein diet so far.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:02 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I did the body for life program a few years ago. I went from a size 12 to a 4 it was tough but the food was good. I got the E.F.L cook book.
    I had to become a cardio queen. I used interval training. That gets your heart rate up then you slow down again it tricks your metabolism to burn at the highest rate. Once I started getting into the swing of things I swam, biked and ran every other day. Did weights.
    Mostly it is about food for me. I need to eat more food. I am up to 179 now. I need to loose 40 lbs. I am eating healthier now, less junk no sodas and more of the healthy snacks. I want to say staying consistent. Even if you make a mistake go ahead and jump back on your plan. I have to personally control carbs. I usually eat more veggies as my carbs. I don't do bread.
    If you need more help let me know. Right now I am doing the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. To get my self going..
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:18 PM on May. 15, 2010