hemmorhoids

so i had my baby 8 months ago and since then I have had a hemmorhoid. It hurts so bad and itches and I am scared to go to the dr because everywhere i read says surgery thats painful. And my mother has also told me that they never really go away. Is this true, and for those of you out there who have the same issue how do you deal with the pain and itching? Is there any way to prevent them?

kduffy

Asked by kduffy at 8:08 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Health

• Make sure you are getting enough fiber and drinking enough water. Hemroids are cause by straining when you have a BM.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 8:12 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Use Tucks, use cool towels on the area. Watch how you sit, lie on your side.

Hemorrhoids shrink, but they don't go totally away. I haven't had any trouble in YEARS, but when I turned 50 and had my colonoscopy the doc said afterwards that I have a lot of hemorrhoids....huh, that was news to me!
    Anonymous

• while you are waiting for the fiber to kick in, use preparation H
    inkydorei

Answer by inkydorei at 8:14 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I prevented hemorrhoids while I was pregnant by taking a stool softener every day.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:01 PM on May. 15, 2010

• go to the doctor, there r several ways to treat hemmorhoids& the treatments will improve your situation. the best way not to hv to deal with this is prevention. most important--never ever strain with a bowel movement. stool softeners r helpful as is adding fiber and fluids,esp. water to your diet. Grape nuts cereal is very good way to start.try to stay regular &never allow yourself to become constipated. it is best to pay attention to the urge to have a bm. this can b a particular problem for those in some occupations-- people who r RNs, MDs and Professional Airplane Pilots as well as Flight Attendents r examples of those who hv a high insidence of hemmorhoids as well as many women who hv bn pregnant. increasing the pressure on the veins in the rectum by pregnancy, standing on your feet without a break and/or sitting for long periods r good reasons that they develop--+many others. c your doctor-u will b feeling better soon.GL
    emily1234

Answer by emily1234 at 1:22 AM on May. 16, 2010