From your experience what do you think the best age (or age range) is to have children?

Meaning your age not the kids. : )

Also, why?

Sara.Robyson

Asked by Sara.Robyson at 8:11 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It depends on the couple. We waited until we'd been married 5 years, had owned a house for a few years and could afford for one of us to stay home. Because we got married young, we were 23 when we had our first, then 26 when we had our second. This was perfect for us, but I can see how it would be too young for others who didn't start out as early.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:14 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I think that the best time to have a child is when you can fully support the child and yourself at the same time. In my opinion, age should not be the complete deciding factor. Financial issues should be more important. By no means am I saying that a 16 year old should have a child though! I had my first child at 17, and it was a constant struggle.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 8:14 PM on May. 15, 2010

• it really depends on the couple. what do you want to achieve before children? what can wait? i was 18 when my dd was born, i dont recomend that. i'm 21 now and am really excited about this pregnancy.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:16 PM on May. 15, 2010

• 25. Because by then...you get the "partying" out of your system since turning 21 and you feel more mature to take care of the baby.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 8:16 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Comparing myself to my friends, co-workers and "general observations" I would say that women shouldn't consider having children until they are 28-35 years old!! Reasons being--finishing your education, establishing a career, independence (living on your own), being able to travel and date multiple people before settling on Mr. Right, and not feeling "burdened" with children (having to balanced being a single mom)--basicaly enjoying life while you're young enough to enjoy things!!

I married for the first time at age 32 (after two failed long term relationships and engagements), and had my children at age 33 and 35 (my husband was 39 and 41). We completed our educations (Master's degrees), established high paying careers, bought or own homes before we met, and were both financially secure when we married. We feel as though we did EVERYTHING we wanted to, and having children began a new chapter in our lives. No regrets! :O)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:20 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Well, not really by choice I was 27 with my first and am 30 with my second. We tried for 5 years and during that time bought a house and my husband became very established in his job. I was finishing school and before having her I took my respiratory therapy registry exam and became licensed. After she was born I became a Registered polysomnography technologist. Now with this baby we both have great jobs, two reliable cars, daycare and healthcare. I can't imagine what it would have been like if we had gotten pregnant before that but we were trying. It would have been hard. Age is not so much a factor in my book as maturity and responsibility.
    kittymontclaire

Answer by kittymontclaire at 8:23 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I know people who are in their 30s and they still like to party. I think it depends on the people/person. If the person/people can take care of the child, then they should have a child when it is best for them. The one thing about specific age range and kids, my parents keep telling me that young people should have children. Once you get older, it is harder to run after the kids and take care of them.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 8:25 PM on May. 15, 2010

• i setteled down when i was around 24/25. that was good for me. my hubby is in his 40's and that was the right time for him. it takes men longer
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:43 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I had my first child (while married) at 19. There is nothing about that decision that I would ever regret, there just isn't. Having a child doesn't come down to any particular 'right' age. It comes down to the individuals and where THEY are at in life. Some people are partiers, and 'waiting' until they are 25-35 wont make a difference in the over all outcome (being more mature, ready for it, great parents etc.). Some people really NEED the extra time to grow up and having a child younger would be horrible, disasterous, or (at the best) extremely difficult on them as an individual. For some people, having a child younger is better- they know what they want, they are mature enough to make that choice, and they are perfectly capable of handling it. Some people are more financially, emotionally, physically stable earlier, some later.

In the end, there is no 'best age' for parenthood. Only what is right for you.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 9:08 PM on May. 15, 2010

• When you are settled. Like you have all your schooling done, a steady job, money in the savings and when you feel that you are ready. There really is no set right age.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:18 PM on May. 15, 2010