I have some expired over the counter sleeping pills...

They are the store brand of Sominex, Unisom,etc. They expired 4/10. I very rarely take anything to help me sleep but I think I need it tonight. Would it be okay to take these?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Health

• it should be fine. the expiration usually just means they lose their potency around that point and it was only last month they expired. i've used plenty of expired medicine before.
    flaggot13

Answer by flaggot13 at 8:26 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Medicine expired for not even a month should be okay. I would get new ones whenever you run to the store next though. : )
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 8:27 PM on May. 15, 2010

• There's an expiration date for a reason. Do NOT use them. Go buy a fresh box if you really think you need them.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:33 PM on May. 15, 2010

• they're fine
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:58 PM on May. 15, 2010

• The expatriation date is the best used before date on medication. The reason it is put on there is simply because that is how long the company knows works. After which they don't know the potency.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:49 AM on May. 16, 2010

• fine but buy a new box to b extra safe.
    emily1234

Answer by emily1234 at 1:00 AM on May. 16, 2010