job interview..

so I went on a job interview Tuesday May 11 I spent almost 2 hrs there ((didn't leave until 2pm)). It went good she said I scored top 3 on the test and all my answers were right on. starting pay was $11 a hour but I told her I would want to discuss that since I make $11.22 hour now, and I also told her I did NOT plan on leaving my job ((home health care, which is what this company was)). I told her i would like to be a on call person and can work 4-10 but NO weekends or holidays. I brought all my paperwork and all my certifcates from trainings I took. I had everything in order. She told me I nailed the interview and that the owner of the company just wants to speak to whoever gets hired first, but that I would be hearing back for sure with good news. fast forward to today I got a letter in the mail saying I wasn't quaified. My husbands says I should call her and even speak to her boss. what would you do?? I have been a .....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• you have been what?? You sound like you are most definatly qualified but not flexable at all. If your requirements did not meet their needs then why shoul they hire you? Plus if you are working for a company within the same line of business they might consider it a conflict of interest. Healthcare is so competitive. I worked on part time and on call for a DME/Oxygen company and I had to be available all the time, they lied to me about when I would be on call in my interview. Totally sucked. And being concerned about an extra .22 cents seems a little nitpicky to me, it doesn't add up to much in the long run. These are just my opinions of course and I am not trying to be me but from what you wrote that is how I see it.
    kittymontclaire

Answer by kittymontclaire at 8:48 PM on May. 15, 2010

• ((((((((((((((( OP HERE))))))))))))))))))))))))) ...CNA for 6 yrs with over 15 additional trainings, I have been with the same job for 9 years only a few call ins. the letter was dated the same day she interviewed me? weird huh?? would you call???
    Anonymous

• No, I probably wouldn't, but that's just me.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:46 PM on May. 15, 2010

• (( OP HERE)) the .22cents may not be alot but why not just get more hours at my job then. i really didn't want this job, my husband made go down. I am happy at my job :). Maybe she senced that ?? Flexiablitly is another thing I mentioned to my husband, I was not going to bend over backwards for this company like I do my current one. but do you think I should still call to find out why?
    Anonymous

• (( OP again.. )) hubby doesn't like current job cause they offer NO benfits but work with childrens school hours. like I said I like my job, but wish they would pay more gas mileage.
    Anonymous

• I posted before I saw your additional info pop up. You have great experience, they just probably had a problem with your flexability.
    kittymontclaire

Answer by kittymontclaire at 8:53 PM on May. 15, 2010

• No sense in taking a job you don't want anyway, you would be unhappy and it wouldn't be worth it. Hubby should just be happy that you have a job cause you know how it is these day's. You may be able to claim your mileage on you taxes, it takes a lot of bookkeeping but I would reccommend researching it so you can show hubby that you are coming up with solutions. Sucks about the benefits. I now work for a small company (12 employees) they pay insurance in full for the employee but my poor boss has to shell out an extra 25% per employee because the insurance company hiked up the premium. It is excellent that you have a job that you enjoy, bar none that is the best benefit.
    kittymontclaire

Answer by kittymontclaire at 8:58 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I would have to agree with kittymontclaire... They probably have a problem with your flexibility. Healthcare isn't a great field if you want specifically set hours that don't change. They might also have a problem with you working for another company at the same time... it would create a conflict of interest. I work in EMS, and the vast majority of private companies won't hire you if you are working for another private company, even if it is only part time.
    Sorry you didn't get the job, but if you really didn't want it anyway, maybe it's for the best! Good luck :)
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 9:04 PM on May. 15, 2010

• ((OP HERE)) THANK YOU!! that is exactly what i told my hubby too!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 9:05 PM on May. 15, 2010

• You started setting conditions and making demands before receiving an offer. Had I been the hiring manager, I would not have hired you, either.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:39 PM on May. 15, 2010