I want to have a child, but I have a phobia of babies. Could I just have my mom raise it until it walks?

I'm literally afraid of babies, but I want to have a child. My mom said she would raise it until I wasn't scared anymore.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Really?
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:57 PM on May. 15, 2010

• why wouldn't you just adopt a kid then if you're so afraid of babies?
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:57 PM on May. 15, 2010

• If you are scared of babies, you shouldnt have one. Wait until you are comfortable with at least the idea of caring for one.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:57 PM on May. 15, 2010

• quit trolling around and stop asking stupid questions...if someone has a fear of babies, they don't want one. the same that someone with arachnaphobia doesn't go out and buy a tank full of tarantulas.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:58 PM on May. 15, 2010

• seriously? you do that, the baby will have a better relationship with your mother and will more than likely prefer her more than you when she walks, and to a mother that's heartbreaking. how are you going to deal with carrying and/or pushing a baby out if you have a phobia anyway? i would think once you get pregnant, your phobia would go away, but i wouldn't chance it. maybe adopt an older child or something. GL
    Anonymous

• Sure, why not? If mom is ok with it but stop and think about why you want to have a child. What happens if you pass on your phobias to the child? See a doctor (mental health dr) and work out your issues before you put a child into an environment that you are unsure of
    Anonymous

• i kinda felt that way too. but once she was here i got over it. it's like any other fear, you have to face it to overcome it. i would not let my mom raise my child. partially because i know how she raised me. lol but you could look into adopting a child that is like 2.
    Anonymous

• LOL NO, of course you can't do that. You will do fine. Not everyone falls in love with thier baby and acts like they have been around them all their lives but you will get the hang of it. Babies are very adaptable. I had a friend who never wanted to be pregnant and really wasn't sure she wanted to be a mom at all. They adopted and her husband was a huge help to her but she loves those kids like crazy now and they are pre teens. She always said it wasn't as bad as she thought it would be but she is still glad she didn't have to be pregnant. Go ahead and have that baby and don't feel bad about asking for help but don't even think of giving ot to someone else to raise for any amount of time. You would regret it. Babies know who their moms are.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:02 PM on May. 15, 2010

• ADOPT!
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 9:07 PM on May. 15, 2010

• TROLLS HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO I GUESS. GET A LIFE!
    Anonymous