I want to have another baby

I want to have another baby but my dh wants to wait till we get bills caught up on, i have told him that we will never get all the bills caught up on so do that mean we will never have another child....and he says no i just want to catch up on the bill.....is he using the bills as a example that he dont want any more children? I want to know what you gals think about my situation....please no bashing!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• i think it sounds like he is being responsable..... be patient and maybe it would help ease your mind if you two came up on a plan of how to catch up on your bills (ie. pay x amount extra every paycheck)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:13 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I think I have to agree with your husband on this one. Get your bills caught up the best you can and then when you've planned and budgeted for it, think about having another kid. Its not bashing, just common sense.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:13 PM on May. 15, 2010

• that's what my husband kept saying. until we got some of them paid off. then he decided he wanted another. money is not everything. but depending on how much debt you have he may have a good point. or he may just not be ready to have another, which you should respect.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:14 PM on May. 15, 2010

• op here: our bills are not that high...thats what i am not understanding! i would agree with you gals if our billswere high but they are not even remotley high, i can pay them off in one payment except for his loan that he got off citi finalcial!..
    Anonymous

• id say he maybe just uses bills as an excuse because he doesnt want another baby right now.
    Anonymous

• If you can pay them off then why don't you do it?
    Anonymous

• I agree if you can pay them off then pay them off. Once they are paid off see what he says then.
    But honestly to me it just sounds like he feels ya'll are not financially ready for another child right now.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 9:25 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Honey ~ You'll never be fully out of debit, nor will all your bills be caught up ~ they'll only pile on more with a new kid.
    Someone once told me when we we're ttc our second "Children will never be cheap, no one can afford a child, but if we all waited until we could afford them, we'd never have any."

I think i'd sit down and try to talk more about it.
    Anonymous

• You should wait until you get the bills caught up. Being financially stable is important, as each child brings more financial burdon into the home. Your husband is smart to want to wait until you get bills caught up. Even if you'll never be rich, even if you'll never be able to send your kids around the world or to Yale on your own pocket, it's still important to be financially stable. This means being able to have that extra money for emergencies, field trips, etc. If you are behind on bills you'll never have that extra money, and if you do then it should all be going towards bills. Be responsible. Your kids learn by example and if you don't have a good financial sense then they won't either.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:16 PM on May. 15, 2010