Just curious...

I am a 40 year old married woman with a couple of grown kids that have left the nest ha ha. We also have a couple middle school aged. we have a 20 month old and really want to have one more for us to love and also for our 20 month old son to have a sibling more his age to grow up with just like our other children had. Well, one of my son's 21 years old...told us some exciting news, he is going to be a 1st time dad. Hubby and I are now reconsidering having a baby now that our son is having one. Do you think is inappropriate to have a child now that our son is having one? Please no rude reply's just seeking some adult advice. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Why bother? Your getting older and can have the fun of the grandbaby without midnight feeding! enjoy!
    Anonymous

• Actually, maybe this could be a blessing in disguise, in the fact that you will soon have a grandbaby! Does your son live nearby, to where the babies will see each other often? If so, maybe this could be the play mate that they need! But don't let this change your mind about having another little one. If you are worried, try talking to your son to get his take on the idea.
    Anonymous

• if you want one, then have one. but if you only want another one so your LO can have a playmate, then i'd definitely reconsider, your grandchild can be friends with their uncle. lol kinda like a Father of the Bride thing but hey, whatever works right? btw, congrats on becoming grandparents!
    Anonymous

• i think it will work out great that grandbaby will be company for your baby. now you can close up shop ha
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:31 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I dont think it is weird at all...if you want another baby, then you should have one....but if you just need the "baby fix" it might be easier to use the grandbaby that you can send home, hehehe.....depends on how well your life would accommodate a child...and is your son gonna need/want help...My MIL watches our baby when we are working, it has been a blessing for us and she and Ariekl are SUPER close!!!
    Kathryn29

Answer by Kathryn29 at 9:34 PM on May. 15, 2010

• mis-typed...its "Ariel"
    Kathryn29

Answer by Kathryn29 at 9:35 PM on May. 15, 2010

• nothing wrong my mom and older sister was pregnant at the same time when. now my niece and brother are close to the same age, well my niece is 2 months older.
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 9:39 PM on May. 15, 2010

• LIke some one else said. The grandbaby is that baby. You can enjoy and not have to worry about another baby. If you want to of course go for it but think about it and talk to your son.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 9:49 PM on May. 15, 2010

• You should do what is right for you, your husband, and your toddler. Personally, I think that your grandson could be your child's playmate. They're going to be close in age and could become really good friends. There's a lot of risk in having another child at 40, so it would be a great risk to have another child. Either way, it's not up to us or your son. If you and your husband want another child then you have every right to have another child. Do what is right for you and your husband.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:59 PM on May. 15, 2010

• id talk to your son to see how he feels. you dont want conflict in the family. but he needs to be considerate about your feelings too.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 10:25 PM on May. 15, 2010