How Many Burp Cloths Do You Need?

How many do you REALLY need to have on hand? How many did you go through? What would you reccomend for your friends?

ethans_momma06

Asked by ethans_momma06 at 9:53 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• At LEAST enough for one for each feeding of the day... And if you don't do laundry daily, then at least enough for two days...

My son's both ate about every 45mins to an hour... I had about 50 and I still ran out all the time!

That's one thing you can't ever have to many of!

Plus, they work great as wash rags and hand towels for years to come!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:55 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Ive used one. My son has only spit up once or twice. I stocked up and have like 20 billion of them packed away but Ive never used them!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 10:04 PM on May. 15, 2010

• more than you think, i promise!.
    i tried to keep it to a min of 2 or 3 a day, but she had reflux so it also depends on the baby. some kids barely spit up.
    i also used mine for other things later on. the really used ones were cleaning rags.
    Anonymous

• I have 3 dozen, but they are old fashioned flat diapers (cheap) and I also use them as diapers now.
    I would say at least one dozen for someone who doesn't cloth diaper. They are very versatile as swaddles, leaking milk from breast catchers, couch protectors, changing pads, etc. etc.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:23 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I have 8 and rarely run out of them. it just depends on the baby. generally we use 1 or 2 a day.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:32 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Some people never need them. Some need very few. Some need 20 a day. I was all over the spectrum, with my kids! I gave a young gal a gift that included 2 of them a few weeks ago, and she's asked for more because they go through them so fast and she said the ones I make work nicer than any others she has. I had 1 kiddo who used 1 for every hour she was awake. I had another that 1 a day was good, if not excessive. I also used bibs - I actually preferred bibs to spit/burp rags/cloths.
    Anonymous

• I CD, so it's hard to say. I have several baskets FILLED with clean prefolds and diaper covers. A LOT more prefolds than covers!! So I just reach down and grab one.
    squeegeatc

Answer by squeegeatc at 10:52 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I never had any. I had 3 breastfed babies and a breastfed grandson and never needed any.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:26 PM on May. 15, 2010

• You won't know until you have your baby! With my first I needed a few, he spit up a couple of times a day. With my second I needed about 500 LOL! Both exclusively breastfed by the way. Formula babies do tend to spit up a bit more but breastfed babies can spit up a lot too.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:32 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Every baby is different. My 5 month old has some issues and uses more than either of my girls ever did. All 3 of my kiddos have never managed to actually spit up on a burb cloth, so I have gotten in the habit of using the flannel receiving blankets as burb cloths. They work great!!! With the girls, I usually would only use 1 a day. With my son, depending on the day, I can use anywhere from 1 for the whole day to 1 per feeding. You just won't know. That's another advantage to using the receiving blankets - if you don't need them as burb cloths they can still be used.
    mupt02

Answer by mupt02 at 12:01 AM on May. 16, 2010