I know for a fact there are certain types of cheeses that can produce premature labor, and cause miscarriages. I received a list from my pharmacy 3yrs ago. I no longer have it. Does anyone know what they are? There was alot of common cheeses on this list. Any one know?

Sunshine007775

Asked by Sunshine007775 at 10:00 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you are talking about preventing listeriosis

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/listeria.html

Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:19 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Seriously? This must have come from California or something. I think someone was BSing you Hon. Don't you think if that were true it would be common knowledge??
    Anonymous

• Ive never heard of anything like that! I was just told not to eat too much unpasteurized cheese, but most American doctors will tell you that because its not consistent in our diets.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 10:05 PM on May. 15, 2010

• you're not supposed to eat soft cheeses from delis but it's more bc of bacteria
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:08 PM on May. 15, 2010

• All unpasteurized cheese; feta cheese; mold-ripened cheese like Brie and Camembert; and blue-veined cheese such as Stilton and Danish Blue, even if they're pasteurized. That's what it says in 'The Pregnancy Bible.'
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 10:19 PM on May. 15, 2010