What do people get out of laughing at how someone looks?

Two of my coworkers always make fun at other peopleon how they look.Or how they are dressed.These two are not perfect looking themselves.they could loose a little weight themselves.I think they are just being mean.what do they get out of it?

evelynwest

Asked by evelynwest at 10:04 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• they are trying to make themselves feel better about their own insecurities..... it's so sad

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:06 PM on May. 15, 2010

• ive done it

its just boredom rele
    Anonymous

• when someone walks in that looks like a section of the neon color wheel, i'm sorry, but that's funny.
    actually making fun of and knit picking everyone, that's just being shallow.
    Anonymous

• i agree with princessbeth
    eva123

Answer by eva123 at 10:09 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Well I am gulity..BUT its mostly people you see on the people of walmart type thing.Men in Speedos,Zumba or whatever pants.Neon shirts.I am pretty sure you have little giggles in your head.I dont do it because Im insacure..its boredom.They dont call it people watching for no reason lol.AND im not really that mean.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:17 PM on May. 15, 2010

• anyone who says they have never ever seen someone who clearly doesn't own a mirror and had to hide their smile is either a liar or a saint . I don't think that is the same as ritually picking co-workers to pieces, if they are doing that, they are just bitches.. it's part of the bitch package I'm afraid
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 10:25 PM on May. 15, 2010

• like above said its probably to make themselves feel better. but myself, ive busted out laughing a couple of times at wal mart cause of how someone looked, and i felt bad afterward....but if you go out looking like a clown thats what ya get...
    Anonymous

• How people dress or look is a what bob does category. I have to say when people make fun of me and they have I ask them one question are we married or together when they say no then I say to them why do you care? People like that are not worth listening to there is so much more to life let that be their secret why they care.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:15 PM on May. 15, 2010

• It makes them feel better about themselves to cut someone else down. I'm betting they pick people with obvious 'flaws' to do this with as well. Some people have no self-esteem and this is how they build themselves up in their own eyes...but they fail to realize how stupid it looks to others.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:21 PM on May. 15, 2010

• It's not nice but sometimes you bring it on yourself. If some huge fat person is walking by with a half shirt on and flab hangin out I am going to laugh. I am big too, but I keep it covered!
    Anonymous