7 months pregnant, horrible pain in lower back?? HELP!

I took a nap with DD and woke up about 1.5 hours ago. When I woke up it felt like I had been kicked in the lower back really hard. It is a constant pain, not coming and going. I took a Tylenol with Codeine (prescription) about an hour ago and it is not helping. My question is, is this normal pain or should I call the doctor?

I know baby is already flipped head down.

imamommmmyyy

Asked by imamommmmyyy at 10:12 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• to me it sounds like you probably slept in a bad position.....i would try putting a heating pad on low for a hour and see if that helps.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:23 PM on May. 15, 2010

• sciatica?
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:25 PM on May. 15, 2010

• OP here-

Thanks =) I'll try the heat pad.

I've had sciatica before and this is a different pain. It is like a strong pressure on my tail bone that hurts badly. I have two herniated disks but they are higher than where the pain is coming from.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 10:37 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I assume this is new pain, that you weren't having this before your nap? I would call the doc, just to be certain, but I'm guessing that it's just that you slept in a bad position. Hopefully, that's all is is, and it will be gone by the morning. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:12 AM on May. 16, 2010

• uhm yeah don't use a heating pad without first consulting your ob. You also could have a urinary tract infection so that could be causing the back pain. Call your doc. please.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 12:10 PM on May. 16, 2010