I got a $35.00 parking ticket today, do I fight it?

Dd and son had a choir function today. There was a parking structure right across the street that we where told to park in. I was able to go right in to the parking area, no barrier arm was there to collect my parking fees. Honestly, I didnt see the sign till I went back later to look at the damn thing. The sign said, :$2.00 parking fee for public parking, and beyond that was this sideway machine to take the $2.00. I missed all of it trying to find my way into the parking structure. Then on the way out, there where no machines to take the $2.00 or barrier to alert you to the fee. I didnt even see the stupid ticket on my car till I got home! I would have GLADLY paid the $2.00 fee then get hit with a parking ticket from the Police dept for $35.00. Do I fight this or just pay it and walk away. What a stupid scam this is, everyone who was there with us got tickets too, on our group alone today the Police Dept made over $1300.00!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• well what would be your defense to fight it? it's your fault.... just pay it and use common sense...... parking garages are not free, and if they are during certain hours then you still have to check and make sure you're within that time frame.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:32 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Yikes. I think to get anything out of fighting it you would have to get multiple other people who had the same problem in on it, and protest that it isn't clearly marked. There should be a sign by each group of spots stating you pay the $2. There should be a LARGE sign when entering the structure that there is a $2 fee. There needs to be a sign by the stairs or exit stating the fee. It needs to be very clearly marked. Otherwise you should just pay it, and write a complaint, and encourage other people to do the same.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 10:36 PM on May. 15, 2010

• OP here, we where only there for ONE hour!!!! One stupid hour, the kids sang three songs for these criic guys who spent 10 minutes telling the kids how they could do better! Im just saying,,,arent there supposed to be a better communication system about the parking situation? Doesnt it seem like $1300 for one group,,,of like 5 parents who showed up for this thing, seems like a scam?
    Anonymous

• You need to to take LOTS of pictures. You need to be able to prove that there is no way back to the kiosk once you walk out of the structure. You need to prove that the announcement of where to pay is NOT clearly marked. You need to prove that payment arraingments are not clearly marked at the entrance nor anywhere within the structure. You can do all of that with photographs and/or video. Oh, and prove that there are no payment arrangements available besides the one kiosk at the entrance.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 10:38 PM on May. 15, 2010

• You really want to take the time and effort to TRY to fight them then go ahead but I would just pay it and leave it alone.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 11:36 PM on May. 15, 2010