time to brag! what happened today??

my son peed in the potty before bedtime!!! first time this happened and we are on day 2 of potty training :)

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 10:29 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• my 10 month old said "dude"!
    I call him my little dude and I came in the front room to grab him and said "hey little dude" and he said "dude" right back lol. That's his's 4th word!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:35 PM on May. 15, 2010

• That's so exciting!!!

My son went a whole day without accidents and we even went to the park for a couple of hours.(we're well beyond 2 days of training though, lol, we're months in)
    He also didn't need me to go down the big slides with him or help him climb anything. Last time we were at the park I was exhausted afterward because I had to do everything he did.
    He even fell a couple of times and didn't cry! One of the falls left him with a pretty nasty gash on the palm of his hand but he just kept right on trucking.
    Although he did milk it when we got home and he was tired. "Can you carry me upstairs to bed because I have a owie on my hand."
    "Can you pull my shorts down so I can pee because I can't because I have a owie on my hand and it STILL hurts."
    Such a champ.
    He's 3.5 btw.

My 9 month old daughter mimicked a lot of sounds I made today and now claps her hands every time you say "Yaaaaay!"
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 10:37 PM on May. 15, 2010

• That's great!

My day was not so exciting. My daughter came back from her grandparent's house at like 6pm (she spent the night) and she always comes back acting like a brat as if I should be rolling out the red carpet for her return. She was cranky and obviously didn't have a long enough nap today.....she went to bed over an hour early tonight.

I'll save bragging rights for another day! lol Congrats on the potty pee----we are about to start trying that ourselves!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:42 PM on May. 15, 2010

• We caught FOUR lizards today (three western fence lizards and a platau striped whiptail!). AND my daughter wasn't too afraid to touch them! It was awesome :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:43 PM on May. 15, 2010

• BridgetC140, I think getting your daughter to go to bed over an hour early is worth bragging about!
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 10:51 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Me and dh were talking about dd when she was a baby about how when she was six months old if she seen anybody with a coke she would start coughing to get a sip lol she heard us talking about it and started coughing lol she's now 3 .......
    Anonymous

• I work in activities in a nursing home and I got one of the ladies who NEVER does anything but smoke and stay in her room, to come to activities. I did not even ask her, after I announced it was time for activities she just came on in. The great thing is she actually laughed and had fun. I am so happy and hope today will be the first of many, where she joins in. She also lets me do her fingernails, to which I am told she never lets anyone touch her.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:37 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Yay for peeing in the potty! Dd is 5 months old, so everyhting she does is just adorable :) She LOVES to take baths in the big bathtub with me. so today I took a bath with her. as soon as I put her in the tub she started grinning and giggling and cooing. the whole time she was just kicking her legs and splashing and cooing it was so cute. Although right now its 1am and she decided to wake up for awhile... not cute lol
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 1:05 AM on May. 16, 2010

• My dd, 4 helped me put things away today. I'm not talking her normal toy pick up she was very helpful in tidying the house and eager to help. This is big because usually she says she's tired and dosen't want to do anything.
    My ds, 5 had a nap today. He dosen't usually but he's been froggy and I wanted him to get some rest and he did! He said he felt better and we had a great afternoon.
    My dd, 2 willingly had a bath today for my mom, maybe that's the trick! lol She dosen't like having bath's anymore and it's usually a struggle. She called me from mangya's(how she says grandma, no idea where that came from because she pronounces things wonderfully for a 2 year old!) house to tell me that she's pretty and clean!
    All in all today was a pretty great day, didn't get the floors mopped but maybe tomorrow
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:52 AM on May. 16, 2010