Hubby says "You need to have something to do for fun that DOESN'T include me."... what?

When he has days off, I want to spend it with him, out doing something. I'm a SAHM, and my days are filled with fun stuff with my toddler... but nothing that's really fun for me. It drives him crazy because he just wants to loaf around on his days off. I don't blame him for feeling that way, but I don't know what to do about it.

I need some ideas. How can I get out of the house and do something fun FOR ME (without spending a lot of money)? I'm at a total loss. I sometimes go for walks (getting really hard, ligament pain at 28 weeks pregnant lol), and other than that I got nothin'. I spend my time out at the playground with my daughter or grocery shopping. I don't have any family or friends to go visit... I just don't know what i CAN do when situations like this happen.

Any ideas, ladies?

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 10:36 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Aww what a nice husband you have, and you're great too for recognizing and appreciating it. ;)
    What did you always want to do when you were planning on hanging out with him? I'm sure you could still do some of that same stuff, just solo right?
    I agree with princessbeth79 about sitting in the car and listening to grown up music, I've done that a few times actually lol.
    I would go for walks, go swimming, see a movie, go to a bookstore and read, go grocery shopping for some ingredients to make a new dinner or dessert, volunteer at a soup kitchen or somewhere similar, work on a garden, and of course there's always locking yourself in the bedroom and just relaxing or falling asleep, because really, how many times are we able to do that lol.
    Have fun! ;)
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 10:55 PM on May. 15, 2010

• get a pedi.... i would love to go somewhere alone..... i would even sit in my car and listen to grown folks music for a while lol. i never ever get time to myself. you're lucky
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:38 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I KNOW I'm lucky to have a husband who wants me to spend time by myself... I just don't know what to do with it lol. I've never had to spend time by myself before, we always did everything together. He just wants to loaf, though, and that's cool, but I'm so tired of being in the house by the time his days off come around that I want OUT.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:40 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Go to a movie!!! Just relax and go out and find a little peace!
    oliviahank

Answer by oliviahank at 10:45 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Why not grab a blanket AND your husband and go to a park or something.. He can lay there and loaf, and you can read a book or something.. Or you can go and read by yourself..
    Or if he doesn't want to leave the house, why not go to your local crafts store and see if they have any classes? Maybe a book club? How about volunteer work somewhere? You could see if there are any classes or clubs at your local library.. Do you belong to a church? Maybe your church has activities or prayer groups or something?
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 10:47 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Today I planted flowers in the garden, cleaned up the backyard, washed the car, and got a parking ticket! See,,,,lots of stuff to do! Minus the parking ticket,,lol
    Anonymous

• i know how you feel! my SO works over night, so i barley ever see him during his work week, and im a stay at home mom too and i started to go crazy having nobody to talk too, and nothing to do except for baby things. i cant wait for his one night off a week to come so that we can spend some family time and you know what he does this friday (his night off)? he gets home from work at 8am, and starts drinking! by 12 when me and my son were ready to do something, he was passed out on the couch. i was so pissed. this is the 2nd week in a row he did something like this. i let him sleep for 3 hrs and then i forced him to get up and come to NYC with me & eat & take my son to a modeling contest, lol. IDK what i would do if i was alone either. if i didnt have my son, i would probably go to the gym, go swimming, lay out in the sun, go shopping, get a massage.. if i had money & it was possible. besides that, id be pretty bored. thats why
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:09 PM on May. 15, 2010

• i give him no choice but to do something with me.
    PURPULbutterfly

• I know what I'd do. I'd get a hotel room....... and sleep until I couldn't sleep anymore.

carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 11:15 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Take a class, do volunteer work, find something that interests you.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:46 PM on May. 15, 2010