How can you do this??

is there a way that you can use cloth diapers without using PINS???? im scarred to death that i will stick my daughter with it just looking for another soulution to disposiable diapers any ideas or thoughts will help???

ncollins885

Asked by ncollins885 at 10:40 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You can get little plastic gripper things. I can't remember what they're called.
    I'll find a link to send to you.
    Hang on. Lol!
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 10:44 PM on May. 15, 2010

• There are cloth diapers and cloth diaper covers that use Velcro strip fasteners in the same way disposables use the adhesive strips. Doing a search for cloth diapers on cafemom alone should net you many moms who use and make those kinds of diapers and many sources and info about them. Velcro-strip diapers like that were what I used primarily on both my kids but it was so long ago, I can't remember the brand.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 10:44 PM on May. 15, 2010

• All in ones
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 10:44 PM on May. 15, 2010

• http://www.snappibaby.com/products.html

Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 10:46 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I bought a couple snappis, but don't really use them anymore. I just tri-fold my diaper and lay it on the cover & insert baby. I started doing this when she was a little older though & on to a more solid poo. But I have pinned before, if all of my covers were dirty, or missing. Just put your fingers between the diaper & the baby so if you stick anyone, it'll be you.

carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 11:23 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I had a Snappi pinch my son, and I stopped right there. We use a prefold in a cover with velcro fasteners, no pins. I'm terrified of sticking him!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:35 AM on May. 16, 2010

• we bought a few packs or training panties at walmart u get 3 for 7dollars. they have extra padding in them so when they pee it doesnt dribble down. they look just like regular underwear.but have that extra padding
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 11:12 AM on May. 16, 2010

• Snappis are one way if you are using prefolds. After they started solids I also just folded them in thirds and put them in the cover. There are also MANY other options besides prefolds out there now a days. All-in-one diapers and fitted that have snaps/velcro and go on essentially like a disposable does.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:54 AM on May. 16, 2010

• There are plenty of options. I suggest joining or at least browsing one of the CD groups. It all depends on what type of diaper you'd like to use. I'm not sure if you know how many options there are out there now. Yes, you can still use the prefolds and flat folds that you can pin and cover, and also have the option of using a Snappi with those. But in addition, there are a wide variety of diapers that snap or velcro closed, such as fitteds (which DO require a cover), pockets and all in one (AIO) diapers that DO NOT require a cover, they are already waterproof.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:10 PM on May. 17, 2010