i am at the er with my 4 mth old dd....

My dd stayed at her grandmothers last night. My husband went to get her today and when he was changing her diaper he saw a streak of blood in her diaper. He brought her home to me and i looked in her diaper and it looked like her pee was dark pink. I immediatly came to the hospitol.we have not seen the doctor. I have no idea what to think this? I dont want to even think about the chance of some one abusing her. Has anyone seen this before?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It sounds like it could be a bladder infection or a urinary tract infection.

I got them all the time as a kid and I'd pee blood sometimes.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 10:42 PM on May. 15, 2010

• my daughter only had this one time. It was 2 weeks afetr she was born adn the dr said it was just "me" getting out of her system that the blood was normal. See what the dr has to say, maybe it is a bladder infection.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:44 PM on May. 15, 2010

• It is probably a UTI or bladder infection. I know that it is pretty common to have blood in your urine because of that. However, do you have any reason to think she might have been abused or handly roughly?
    Anonymous

• Um, Seriously? You are in the ER and you are asking women on Cafemom what the dealio is? Why don't you walk over to that little window and ask them?
    Anonymous

• Anon, probably because they're in the WAITING room and are WAITING to see a DOCTOR. A receptionist can't make a diagnosis.
    Clearly she is worried and is seeking comfort from fellow moms who may have gone through the same thing.
    I'd do the same thing to try and ease my mind.

If you have noting productive or positive to add to this thread then why bother posting?
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 10:53 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I'm a lab tech and if you can see blood in urine a uti is really really bad and a baby should be feeling bad and it would hurt a lot to pee. Blood in urine looks brown not dark pink.

Babies need the consistancy of one primary care provider. My son, his wife, and my grandbaby lived with me and they didn't go out without him until after he started solids after 6 months and would only go out for 2-3 hours max until my grandson was over a year. Leaving a 4 mo baby overnight is something I just can't imagine doing and if your baby was abused the professionals will wonder why in the would you would do that. My kids didn't spend the night anywhere until they were 4 years.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:18 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Because i work at nights until 3 am. My husband stayed there until i got off work and i picked him up and she was asleep and we just desided to leave her until the morning. But thats not what my questiom was about.
    Anonymous

• Why did you wait all day before taking her to the ER? Just something they may ask you.
    Anonymous

• I didnt. . . .read the post again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on May. 16, 2010

• Really, Gailll? Really? I left my son overnight the day after he was born because I had to. also, there was another time, but that isn't the issue. You're son, who is obviously well adjusted since he lived at home with mama, can over protect their kid all they want. Waiting until six months to leave the house without your kid is ridiculous, whatever.

Blood can be in the urine and you not even know about it. It could be dark brown but does not have to be. Also, UTI's and bladder infections often come with no symptoms. My moms last one, she had massive amounts of blood suddenly. No pain with urination , no fever, no anything until after she was diagnosed and on meds.

I'm sure everything will be fine. Let us know.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 12:21 AM on May. 16, 2010