I would REALLY appreciate any help ! :)

i have a five month old and she is in her early stages of teething ? she hates orajel and i dont want to drug her up with tylenol everytime she gets fusssy? what do i do? and teething rings dont help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They have teething tablets that are natural. I got mine at Walgreens. They just melt in the mouth.
    Anonymous

• have you started solid foods yet? the reason I ask is you can get the nibbler bags (munchkin has one) and slide in a piece of frozen fruit (not bananas they never come out of the net) or a frozen food cube for your little one to chew on.

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 11:49 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I use the little munchkin mesh food feeder and put ice in it
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 11:51 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Oh. . . I've also heard something about peppermint oil or clove oil but don't know anything exact. . . does anyone have any info on these remedies?

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 11:52 PM on May. 15, 2010

• You can put the teething rings in the fridge. Sometimes the cold soothes their gums.
    You can also give her a cold carrot or something of that nature to chew on. Chewing helps the teeth come through and also relieves the pain.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:22 AM on May. 16, 2010

• teething tablets and a wet washcloth that's been in the freezer for 10-20 minutes work well for my dd
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:37 AM on May. 16, 2010

• we did the carrot's and the wet wash cloth. try rubbing your fingers in a circular motion around her jaw bone. My friend has a topical ointment that she put on her kids jaw line and seemed to help. Try some raspberry soothers. My dd never really took soothers but they were pretty magical when she was teething her front teeth.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 2:16 AM on May. 16, 2010

• Teething tablets, Camilia drops, frozen grapes in a mesh feeder, frozen washcloth... Those were the big ones. Don't do frozen waffles or carrots, because they can choke on any pieces they manage to gnaw off. Orajel should be avoided, as it can mess with their gag reflex and swallowing. We tried to hold off on the Tylenol/Motrin as much as we could, but there were definitely times where nothing else would take the edge off. Hang in there, mommy! It's not much fun for anyone involved! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:24 AM on May. 16, 2010

• I use the hylands homeopathic teething tablets. They are drug free and work well. I have also wet a clean washrag and froze it for him to chew on because its softer then the teething rings and he likes it nore.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 3:12 AM on May. 16, 2010

• My dd LOVED a wooden spoon, I got her child size bamboo spoons online & that's what saved us during teething. That & the washcloth, never gave her tylenol or orajel.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 6:52 AM on May. 16, 2010