What (if any) thing do you not like about how your close friends/relatives raise their kids?

Just a spinoff of a question about someone not liking their best friend's kid.

Sara.Robyson

Asked by Sara.Robyson at 11:47 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i have a friend and a brother who doesnt discipline their kids and i HATE being around them. they are hella mean. the friend's kids always smell like poop and pee and are always dirty
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 11:52 PM on May. 15, 2010

• My little sister feeds her son every time he cries instead of checking to see if he is just fussy or needs a nap. He eats an 8oz bottle every 2 hours or so and he is only 4 months old.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 11:56 PM on May. 15, 2010

• My youngest niece's mom does a lot that annoys me. She is a good mom, but she was leaving her baby for weeks at a time when she was just tiny. She propped bottles, was feeding her little debbies at 7 months old, leaving her in her swing for so long every day that she had a bald flat spot on the back of her head from it. Now that she is older (closing up on 2) she still just eats junk all the time. She's always constipated, no one seems to care. When my brother has her he doesn't watch her closely enough for my tastes, but he does feed her good stuff and play with her a lot lol.

My older sister's kids, until very recently didn't have any chores or get punished for anything. She's not lazy, she just didn't have the heart to make them grow up a little bit lol. Her oldest just turned 14.

They're all good parents, they just do things that annoy me sometimes lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:57 PM on May. 15, 2010

• My sister drives me nuts. Her kids throw tantrums, yell and hit, and get away with it. But she always finds something to yell at my kid about. So if her kids are not sharing their toys she will say to my child "don't touch their toys, it's THEIR toys". I don't know why she invites my kid over and then doesn't allow her to play. I am just about ready to write her off.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on May. 16, 2010

• My husbands cousin has 4 kids. They live in the dirtiest house I have ever seen in my life. The littlest is 21/2 and her feet are always black from the carpet. We don't visit there house because it smells so bad and you have to step over everything. They recently had thier kids removed after the school called about the kids but have since got them back. I hope this was a wake up call. They are nice people but just dont clean ANYTHING!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on May. 16, 2010

• My friend doles out excessive punishment. Her daughter can do one little thing wrong and she will get spanked for it, then have to spend time in her room, and then write several pages of scripture (nothing like using God for punishment to turn your child away from you faith). And if she does more than one thing wrong she will get spanked for the one thing, sent to her room, and then they will come back and say this is for the other thing, and spanked again. I think it's abuse plain and simple but the state seems to differ. It doesn't help that she volunteers for the police auxiliary.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on May. 16, 2010

• Well, I think my friends and family members are fine parents. The only thing I can think of is my brother and his wife allow their kids to watch inappropriate movies and I disagree with that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on May. 16, 2010

• ULG! Almost all of my family is horrible at raising kids, they suck at it. I can't think of anything they do that IS ok.. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on May. 16, 2010

• My husband's Cousin has three kids. Two with his previous wife and one with his current girlfriend. Well, the youngest (2yrs - we'll call him Z) is Mamma's little baby. The diciplin lacks greatly on her part, due to this being her first child and her baby. The father (Dh's Cousin) tries to do what he did to raise his first two, but Z wants nothing to do with him. Z's mom initially punishes him whether with yelling or time outs, but then coddles him right when he starts to cry or fuss. She gets him out of time out if he's throwing a tantrum, because she can't handle him being upset. Z throws tantrums over the silliest things, especially if he isn't getting what he wants. Which then his mom complies and gives him what he wants. Z's dad didn't raise his first two this way, but since Z knows that mom will give in easily he doesn't want anything to do with Daddy.

JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:18 AM on May. 16, 2010

• well ipersonally have 2 lil ones and I don't like when my sister parents she never spends time with them and she has 3 kiddos and she doesnt work ! and all she does is also lets them do whatever they want even if it means her son ends up climbing anywhere highand jumping and busting his lip while she sits down on her ass and is on the computer all day long. she doesnt even bother to stand up andfeed her kids and she is alwys getting baby sitters so she can go grocery shopping, clubs, mma fights, concerts,movies etc... the list just gets bigger. [maybe i think this way because i'm a hand on full time mom and is always paranoid and worrying if they do this this could happen but i hate wheni see people like my sis]thats what makes me say those are people that don't deserve to have children..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on May. 16, 2010