Anyone else have awful vacations?

When we got married, the honeymoon was awful. It rained the whole time, the cashier stole the cash we paid the room with (lesson learned, believe me) and then they rang our debit card through so many times we had $3,000 in the negative in our bank account. Also we got food poison from the pizza we ate there. Fast forward six year, our first vacation after our honeymoon. Got to the hotel and my husband got sick and couldn't stop throwing up. Found out my son who was staying with my parents was throwing up all night. A year after that we went to a family reunion and two of our tires blew out and car battery went dead. So next week we are going for a night to a nice hotel with my parents. Is it weird I am really nervous about it? We don't get away from home much, so I am really excited about it, but at the same time really nervous. Does anyone else have bad luck on vacations?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• oh man that sux...well guess you need a vacation to have a good or even worse a BAD one. We have yet to afford one. We are saving now for one.
    Anonymous

• I have nothing on you sister, can only swap a pathetic silly story. We went to Laughlin NV and my ex wanted to stay an extra night and we ended up at the Riverside Hotel. They put us in the dog kennel area. There where dogs barking around our room all night long. The kids where little! I was ready to grab the keys and head home. Dont stress, there is bad luck and there is good luck, it is time for you and your family to have good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on May. 16, 2010

• Wow. That is a lot of bad in one paragraph.
    Personally, I don't believe in luck. I don't think there's some force out there that creates whether good or bad things happen to us. Things happen by the choices we make, the viruses/illness we ingest, etc. Life is only what we make of it, so if it starts out bad then turn it around. I know that you can't control what other people do to you, like theft, but you can still make the best of what happened. So go into this vacation thinking "It is what it is." If things start to go wrong don't panic, just make the best of what you have.

All the best!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:09 AM on May. 16, 2010

• Ugh...last year's trip to Florida. Drove down with mil, sil, ds (4 then) and my mom. All 5 of us, and we drove from Ohio to Florida.
    Drive down wasn't so bad, but mil and sil were just downers the whole time..didn't want to do anything but stay in the condo. Dh flew down to join us as a surprise to me, which was nice. Dh flew home afterward, and the rest of us drove back. Sil got lost for about 6 hours in South Carolina, and a couple hours in NC as well...thought we'd never get out of the Carolinas! Mil kept telling sil she was going the wrong way and she wouldn't listen. So we were all pretty grumpy when we stopped halfway at a motel. Mil picked the cheapest place and it was so ghetto, we couldn't sleep because of the loud people. So we were all in bad moods for the rest of the drive home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on May. 16, 2010

• Oh WOW! I THOUGHT my honeymoon was bad, but after reading yours, I realized it wasn't so bad!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:10 AM on May. 16, 2010

• Actually bad things come in sets of three (in theory)... I would say that you are all done, and get ready to have FUN!!! Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on May. 16, 2010

• When I was a kid, I had an allergic reaction to some medication and puked all the way home from the mountains. Not to mention, we got lost, so driving through the mountains up and down hills and around curves REALLY did me in. When we got home, our cat had been attacked by a stray dog. Luckily, the next door neighbor rescued her.

3 years ago, my husband, 2 kids and I were 10 miles away from our vacation destination ( Emerald Isle, NC) and our transmission blew out. We had to get towed to our condo, smashed into a tow truck with an overweight tow truck driver that didn't have a good relationship with soap, if you know what I mean. We haven't been on a vacation since then, but we're planning on going back to Emerald Isle this summer, with a "new" ( new to us) van, so hopefully things will be better.

I understand your fear about going on a vacation with all the bad stuff that happened.Try to think positive and have fun!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 12:32 PM on May. 17, 2010