Fluid on the lungs?

So after spending 12 hours in the ER I found out the pain ive been having in my right lung/rib area was more serious than a bruise or strain...i have fluid on my lung... The doc tells me this, and in the same breath tells me that they have no clue where the fluid came from or anything and sent me home. So I havent had any kind of cold or temp...nothing...anybody have anything similar? I love the way he told me it could be fatal, and sent me home!! UUUGGGG

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 PM on May. 15, 2010 in Health

• How is fluid IN the lungs different than fluid ON the lungs??

This can be caused by congestive heart failure or pneumonia. That doctor is psycho and I would think he could be charged with abandoning a patient. That is really horrible care. (I'm a nurse)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on May. 16, 2010

• Google it. My first thought is maybe pneumonia. I would go to a different ER if you can.
    mommyerin02

Answer by mommyerin02 at 12:03 AM on May. 16, 2010

• What a sorry excuse for a doctor! You need to get a second opinion! Research and go to a doctor who actually cares
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 12:13 AM on May. 16, 2010

• I would go back to the hospital and demand further treatment.
    goldilocks70

Answer by goldilocks70 at 12:36 AM on May. 16, 2010

• did the doctor say fluid on the lungs or fluid IN the lungs?? it maKes a difference and he could hv treated u depending on exactly what it is. i would go to another er if u continue to hv pain or if it remains unchanged see your family doc on monday. that is extremely unprofessional conduct on behalf of that doc. u could wrote a letter to the adminiustrator of the hospital if u have his name and relate the conversation exactly as to he said it to u. accuracy is important. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on May. 16, 2010