I wonder if people would still be as adament?

What if, instead of under God, the pledge said something like Under Isis, or Oden, or Zeus. Do you think people would be so adament to keep it there? Or, would there be protests and complaining to get it changed/removed?

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 12:32 AM on May. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Or one nation under the sun? lol... that is not really a person so to speak. I do see your point though.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:34 AM on May. 16, 2010

• There would be protests. God is not a specific term, but those are the names OF gods... so "under god" really fits a lot of different bills, and certainly isn't offensive to the 80% of Americans who identify themselves as Christian.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:34 AM on May. 16, 2010

• What about, "all Gods" I think that would make everyone happy- still religious, but all inclusive.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 12:37 AM on May. 16, 2010

• I would love that! lol

I actually think it should say : One Nation Under the Creator / In the Creator we Trust

Then you can apply your own creator...although theoretically if people would stop being so intent on causing strife in the world; they could just apply their own 'god' too...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on May. 16, 2010

• only because it's history, tradition... it's how it was back then when the country was founded, so you kinda have to respect that.
    *******
    "in god we trust" was added to the money in the 1950's
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on May. 16, 2010

• If I went to a country which was established on, say, muslim principals, and the founding fathers saw fit to say "One Nation Under Muhammed" I would accept it and simply leave that line out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on May. 16, 2010

• LOL it never says "which" God does it.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:43 AM on May. 16, 2010

• it's how it was back then when the country was founded

No it isn't. The pledge has been changed several times and under god was added in the 1950's.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on May. 16, 2010

• what if it said one nation on earth. under the o-zone...........i say it doesnt matter really, the next generation is going to forget it anyhow. they dont even have my sons school say the pledge anymore regularly. only on special occasions. seriously. but at the same time, while i appreciate the life im able to make for myself in this free country of ours, to say our forefathers were honest, godfaring people, kinda makes me angry at the hypocracy of it all. we stole this nation we call "ours" from millions of people who were already here, and brought africans over to do all our work for us. not a religion i want to be a part of anyhow, in reality. i dont consider those christian acts at all, and definetly not what jesus would do, dontcha think? hate what i say if oyu want, i really dont care, i have my opinion and im proud!
    jeanniegirl82

Answer by jeanniegirl82 at 2:37 AM on May. 16, 2010

• jeanniegirl82

you rock

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:32 AM on May. 16, 2010