How do I try WW ?

How can I try weight watchers without paying? It seems complicated. What exercise worked for you along with it?

txdaniella

Asked by txdaniella at 12:45 AM on May. 16, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• According to the eHow site I should get 30 points a day which is complete crap. I used to do weightwatchers and if I went over 18 points a day I didn't lose a thing. I stuck with it for 6 months and lost 3lbs then I canceled my membership. Instead I switched to common sense and hitting the gym and I've lost over 20lbs so far with my plan, no subscription necessary.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 3:57 PM on May. 16, 2010

• best to try to get a week one booklet and the booklet that gives you all the foods point values........or you can sign up online for e tools, I think its only about $15 a month, you can access all foods point values, recipes etc on there, its not hard at all you just need to knw how many points you allowed per day based on ur weight and then know the point value of foods.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 1:00 AM on May. 16, 2010

• Their used to be support sites online that would list points but everytime they pop up WW makes them take it down. You might be able to find the food guide book and points finder online through amazon or ebay. But the points system isn't much different than just counting calories and making good choices. Each point is about 50 calories and they figure it points by calorie, fat, and fiber content. So if it's a low fat, high fiber food you can have more of it. Higher fat, junk food you get less. So even if you just counted calories you would see that the better foods like fruits and vegtables you can have tons of and if you blow your daily calories on junk you won't have much to eat. I just count the calories but either way if you write down everything you eat and measure portions you'll do great.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 1:01 AM on May. 16, 2010

• SO I need to figure out how many calories I can have and begin to add them up? How do I calculate how many I should have?
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 1:07 AM on May. 16, 2010

• BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 1:23 AM on May. 16, 2010

• http://www.brothersoft.com/weight-watchers-points-calculator-70154.html

The 1st link is a WW points calculator you can download onto your computer. I have it on mine, and keep a note book that way once I figure out the points on something I can just write it down incase I need it for later.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4871046_calculate-many-weight-watchers-points.html

The 2nd link is how to determine how many points you can have. It walks you though it. For me I get 21 points.

As for the exersizing start out with something simple. Since I just started I've been going on a walk every morning. I'm walking for 30 minutes every morning, but would eventually like to build up to a longer time possibly even jogging or running.

If you would like to have someone do WW with you, or keep you accountable let me know! And good luck :)

Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 3:10 AM on May. 16, 2010

• I've been on WW for 6 weeks now and love it. The etools is not complicated (once you learn it) and I enjoy all the info it gives. I've been loosing 2+ pounds per week. For exercise I walk or use my eliptical.
    DaphneMae

Answer by DaphneMae at 9:35 AM on May. 16, 2010